Newcastle post match thread

Haven't seen the highlights yet, and there seems to be some debate over Aguero being offside or not. But what about the Jesus chance in the 2nd half when he rounded their keeper. Was it offside? From the stand it looked like he held the line really well, but hard to tell from behind goal!

Aguero was well offside, didn't see a replay of the Jesus one but certainly looked well offside as well at the time.

Just watched the match as couldn't yesterday.

Awful match because of Newcastle. A win is all that really counts though.

Ridiculous how many chances we wasted in the 1st half.

KDB continues to be the leagues best player.

Jesus is very badly out of form.

On ESPN, they thought it was more impressive that we won so easily while being nowhere near our best, they also thought that teams are now targeting our players with nasty tackles and we should be getting more protection. Seems the tide may be turning a little.

Haven't seen the highlights yet, and there seems to be some debate over Aguero being offside or not. But what about the Jesus chance in the 2nd half when he rounded their keeper. Was it offside? From the stand it looked like he held the line really well, but hard to tell from behind goal!
Didn't look it, looked like the left side centre half played him on, no replays shown though.

There wasn't any reply whatsoever of Gabby's offside. They showed every other one - but that. I wonder why?
Are we talking about the one when I think the ref actually bizarrely gave handball against Sterling?

Aguero was well offside, didn't see a replay of the Jesus one but certainly looked well offside as well at the time.

There was a slight deflection from a defender who tried to block the ball and this meant that Aguero was actually played onside for when it came back off the post. I believe ex-referee Halsey pointed this out. There was a lengthy debate following the game that has already been reported on here or maybe on another message board but the conclusion was that it was definitely a goal.

Only seen it once but I also thought Jesus was onside for that chance. It looked like one of those very rare occasions.

Jesus hasn't scored since Leicester, and in other seasons that would be a major concern. However, it would have been a travesty if Newcastle had equalized.

aguero was in a offside place but the rule is if a player tries to block a shot and and deflects off him then your on side but it was a little flick of the newcastle player and hard to see without video replays so not got any problem with it not given the jesus one was not shown but looked very close and again not replay so maybe was on

very hard won game and at this time of the year and away to newcastle is never going to be easy but city control the game and ederson never really had anything to do but keep warm we are getting greedy us fans and what 4 or 5 goals a game and ok last night we could have got them but we hit the post a couple of times and and some slack finishing but the game was never in doubt for me and 3 points and a win is just the same with 1 goal or 7 no bonus points for goals

i will say one thing about this city team and squad you don't notice any replacements players just slot into the role and the setup looks the same every players knows the role there asked to do and when somebody covers its a well oiled cog and they don't look out of place

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.