Vincent Kompany injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute tragedy that once again he is unable to see a game out. Whether a physical or mental thing I have no idea, but the guy himself , together with the staff, must be heartbroken at all these breakdowns.

A true legend at City, and if he is no longer able to play I would love to see him in a coaching capacity at the club. Can imagine what a massive influence he would have on younger players, in the Partick Vieira mode.

If his body wont hold out any longer I hope a decision on his future is reached soon, to save him any more frustration and anguish.

vinny needs keeping away from our big games and we have enough with the players we have for the other games ,I wouldn't put him in our champs league squad

I know where you are coming from but the message this would send would rock the club, he is our Captain and has been the heartbeat of the club over the last 10 years.

This year we have maybe the best chance we ever have to get to the final of the CL, the thought of Vinny still being at the club but not being part of it would be heartbreaking. I'm not saying he would start or anything but as our talisman the thought of him not being even in the squad is hard to take.

I know where you are coming from but the message this would send would rock the club, he is our Captain and has been the heartbeat of the club over the last 10 years.

This year we have maybe the best chance we ever have to get to the final of the CL, the thought of Vinny still being at the club but not being part of it would be heartbreaking. I'm not saying he would start or anything but as our talisman the thought of him not being even in the squad is hard to take.
Serious question, if we sign a top centre half in January and they, along with Otamendi and Stones are the ones to get us to a Champion's League final, with room for 2 starting centre halves and one on the bench, could you really justify dropping one to put Vinny on the bench? Because if I was the dropped centre half there would be a transfer request going in the next day, squads are picked on merit.

Serious question, if we sign a top centre half in January and they, along with Otamendi and Stones are the ones to get us to a Champion's League final, with room for 2 starting centre halves and one on the bench, could you really justify dropping one to put Vinny on the bench? Because if I was the dropped centre half there would be a transfer request going in the next day, squads are picked on merit.

My heart says yes but my head knows the correct answer.
This is why we need to trust Pep in whatever he decides, he hasn't got the attachment to Vinny that we have.
The brutal reality is that Vinny is unlikely to play any major part in our future, I believe Stones and Ottomendi are our best pairing regardless of Vinny's fitness.

That's just it though; he isn't. Or at least he doesn't seem able to play a prolonged spell (say, a dozen games) without an injury occuring. The odd 3 or 4 games here and there isn't doing him or us any favours. We could do worse than find some role at the club for him (I'd hate to see him leave), maybe as Kiddo's long term successor. But we now need to rely on Ota and Stones as our first choice CB pairing, with the Mangler and Tosin as back ups.

Why do we need a 4th choice cb to play 12 games ?

That argument is fine

That argument would be fine if Kompany had lasted the full 90 minutes in his previous away game at United.

Instead we’ve had this continual farce of first half substitutions from the Britannia to the Bernabeu. In fact, we’re now in double figures since his first bad injury.

By all means keep him, but City now play better football with Stones and Otamendi

Which is exactly what I'm saying.

Who said anything about needing 4 CBs to cover 12 games? The 12 games was a reference to a run of games (it could have been any figure) we haven't been able to get out of Vinnie. Any top flight club will need 4 centre backs.

We 'should' have 3 top cbs, in addition to Vinny, due to Vinny's injury record. We neglected signing one in the summer, even though Pep had identified backup for Kompany as a necessity.

If we had one, that would be 4 senior cbs plus Tosin, plus Fern, Danilo & Walker who could pay there in emergency.

Vinny, who can't possibly demand preference over anyone due to his injury record, seems to me, the perfect player as 4th cb, with a young player, Tosin, challenging. He is still capable of top quality performance & filling in for a number of games but isn't going to spit his dummy out when he doesn't play. Also, he is a fantastic influence on the team & perfect to teach the young players such as Tosin, who can repace him if he becomes good enough.

It's not Vinny's fault we didn't sign a cb when we needed one.

His reaction when he came off last night spoke volumes. As he knew the end was nigh- interesting to see Sane on the next seat not look at him or even blink an eye.

It really is frustrating to know what the problem was at OT - if you watch him all off the pitch at half time- there was no sign of an injury. He walked off as normal, purposely with his head held high. No sign of looking injured or concerned - really strange. Pep appears to be running out of patience.

Real shame as I would love to see him lift the CL trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.