Inigo Martinez

Lmao. I couldn’t believe what I was watching. Thought it was a joke after the 5th one but it continued!!!

We managed it with Nico but it only took one season :)

The second part of the video was class, he scored some nice free kicks.

I question how he will settle in the middle of the season. But I guess we can ease him in.

For £26m I would say he is worth the gamble especially because he can play LB so it’s worth the risk. Much rather have him than JFE and those look like the only two options right now.
It was interesting watching the challenges, bearing in mind they were all last season, that it shows the differences in refereeing in Spain and England - every challenge would have been a red card here whereas not one was even given as a free kick over there. Bizarre.

It was interesting watching the challenges, bearing in mind they were all last season, that it shows the differences in refereeing in Spain and England - every challenge would have been a red card here whereas not one was even given as a free kick over there. Bizarre.

True, especially considering here the players would throw themselves to the floor and roll around for at least a minute after each challenge, nailed on reds.

Then again refs here frequently miss leg breakers like the recent ones on De Bruyne, Sterling and Gundogan. The standard of refereeing is very poor in the PL.

Fuck me the wankers in this league allow players to stud each other in the face with no red in sight. Try doing that in Spain!
Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Fuck me the wankers in this league allow players to stud each other in the face with no red in sight. Try doing that in Spain!
Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Agree.

Sergio Ramos would love to play in the PL.

His red card count would be at least halved.

The few occasions I've seen him play on TV he has looked very average. I certainly wouldn't say that he jumped out as a cut above his teammates in what is a mediocre side. Then again, there is a real lack of quality centre-halves, which is why VVD has just gone for £75m. I'm not convinced that he'd be a significant upgrade on Mangala though, who isn't exactly winning any awards.

The thing for me, is that I think if we sign Martinez it is with the thought that he will help for the rest of the season and then we go in for a better CB in the summer. I love Vinny, but I think his days are numbered as he just cannot be counted on anymore. Whether that means Pep wants rid of him or Vinny is willing to play when he can before his contract runs out in 2019 I don't know. But if by the beginning of next season we had Stones, Otamendi, Martinez, and someone like Lucas Hernandez, we'd be better off in that department than anyone in the league and most of, if not all of Europe.

Doesn’t A Madrid’s ban end in time for the January transfer window? So could we maybe do the deal for Lucas Hernandez now?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.