Crossroads:

i can't get that song by some boyband out of my head now,crossroads crossroads crossroads......meet me at the crossroads or something like that

I can't get the bloody crossroads theme out of my head now.

I always fancied that Vera Downend! Or was it Downing?

Along with Prisoner Cell Block H crossroads was the only soap I could ever watch with actors that could actualy perform. Take Benny for example..I do not think many appreciate how difficult it is to impersonate someone at an educational disadvantage. He never wavered throughout the series and always remained in character inside or out of the studio. Coronation street lost the plot and used to be full of remarkable actors that could ply their trade. Vera duckworth and jack, Hilda ogden and Eddie Yates, Curly watts of City fame and Betty Turpin and her infamous hotpots. For me these actors and bairds of stage and screen will go down in history for their contributions to entertainment tv. Now all that we are left with is stagnation and repetitive dross. Benny I doff of my cap lad.

It was the same with Curly and folk wrongly thought he was a bit part lodger and not the brightest tool in the box But thats not correct because Curly could act dance and sing and even had his own band. He went on to star in the West End shows and we were priveledged to see him in We will Rock You. Character acting is the most difficult aspect of thespianism to master and it takes an absolute craftsman to pull it off.

Last edited:
E-mail Pep and see if yer can get a quick trial for tomorrow. We are short of some creativity in midfield and an engine up front that's firing on all cylinders. it might even pay better than ferrying round ungrateful passengers.

Maybe better off at the swamp, transferable skills and all that and there are a few passengers on the bus there

Along with Prisoner Cell Block H crossroads was the only soap I could ever watch with actors that could actualy perform.
Take Benny for example..I do not think many appreciate how difficult it is to impersonate someone at an educational disadvantage.
He never waivered throughout the series and always remained in character inside or out of the studio.
Coronation street lost the plot and used to be full of remarkable actors that could ply their trade.
Vera duckworth and jack,Hilda ogden and Eddie yates,Curly watts of City fame and Betty Turpin and her infamous hotpots.
For me these actors and bairds of stage and screen will go down in history for their contributions to entertainment tv.
Now all that we are left with is stagnation and repetitive dross.

Benny I doff of my cap lad.

It was the same with Curly and folk wrongly thought he was a bit part lodger and not the brightest tool in the box
But thats not correct because Curly could act dance and sing and even had his own band.
He went on to star in the West End shows and we were priveledged to see him in We will Rock You.
Character acting is the most difficult aspect of thespianism to master and it takes an absolute craftsman to pull it off.

And Shuggie McPhee ,cant be easy to act as a pissed Scottish chef

And Shuggie McPhee ,cant be easy to act as a pissed Scottish chef

Shoey Mcfee mate and a brilliant actor of the highest calibre.Sadly residing in the Elysium fields at the moment.

I have worked and trained alongside the SBS so I do like a good war film and so did Shoey Mcfee.
He stared alongside McQueen in the great escape playing a sterling part.
Flying officer Archibald Ives take a Moon bow lad .. you absolutely deserve it !
Love the song..A real samba feel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Along with Prisoner Cell Block H crossroads was the only soap I could ever watch with actors that could actualy perform.
Take Benny for example..I do not think many appreciate how difficult it is to impersonate someone at an educational disadvantage.
He never waivered throughout the series and always remained in character inside or out of the studio.
Coronation street lost the plot and used to be full of remarkable actors that could ply their trade.
Vera duckworth and jack,Hilda ogden and Eddie yates,Curly watts of City fame and Betty Turpin and her infamous hotpots.
For me these actors and bairds of stage and screen will go down in history for their contributions to entertainment tv.
Now all that we are left with is stagnation and repetitive dross.

Benny I doff of my cap lad.

It was the same with Curly and folk wrongly thought he was a bit part lodger and not the brightest tool in the box
But thats not correct because Curly could act dance and sing and even had his own band.
He went on to star in the West End shows and we were priveledged to see him in We will Rock You.
Character acting is the most difficult aspect of thespianism to master and it takes an absolute craftsman to pull it off.

Sam Dingle > Benny.
My personal favourite Corrie actors were Sarah Lancashire as Rachel and Ken Morley as Reg Holdsworth. Classic comedy. Sadly, Corrie has now gone the way of other soaps and the more dramatic it becomes the more a poor shadow of its former self it becomes.

So are you really switching jobs?
What new opportunities are you planning in 2018? I can heartily recommend retirement and doing fook all that you don't want to do!

I can't get the bloody crossroads theme out of my head now.

I always fancied that Vera Downend! Or was it Downing?
Amy Turtle...

article-2663156-1EEF85A900000578-871_306x423.jpg

One for "Wazza"™ there

Sam Dingle > Benny.
My personal favourite Corrie actors were Sarah Lancashire as Rachel and Ken Morley as Reg Holdsworth. Classic comedy. Sadly, Corrie has now gone the way of other soaps and the more dramatic it becomes the more a poor shadow of its former self it becomes.

So are you really switching jobs?
What new opportunities are you planning in 2018? I can heartily recommend retirement and doing fook all that you don't want to do!

Yes mate It's time.Two decades of slapstick in Royson Vasey is enough for any poor soul.
In reality I enjoyed my customers company and we always had tremndous banter which made the time run swift.
I still have my badge so if things dont pan out I can always regress back to a former life : /

I have sent off 14 cv's today using the Indeed website.It stores your curricumlem vitai and so its just a case of mucho button pressing.
I need little hours these days but I really do need to work and keep myself busy just for being busy's sake.
I retain 95% of good memories with 3% bordering on the rather awkward and 2% on the neaderlithic variety.
Wouldnt have missed it for the world though.

I have an interview tmmorow for a job that defies morality or any sense of dignity in a modern day suburbia setting.
A job is a job though and I remain highly trained for any and all eventualities that may come my way.
Happy new year pal.

CGZhftg.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.