Liverpool Tickets £221 in City End

its been going on for ages, supposedly ticket touts are breaking the law but even ticketmaster have their own resale site called getmein. I was quote £300 a ticket for the Wigan cup final online, wasn't going to pay that kind of money.

Well put.
Just imagine you had a box and you were given eight tickets for Liverpool away.
Now Liverpool's a bit of a shit hole and it's a cold Sunday night, unlike Bournemouth on two hot bank holiday weekends, so you think twice about having to go.
You offer your eight tickets to an agency for £100 a pop and you have just made £560, tax free, for doing fuck all. At least it can go towards next year's box.
Even better than that squirty. Your company stands the cost of the tickets, gives them to you as your the boss and you flog them on for £800. Profit to you £800 tax free.

I have written to the MEN and asked them to investigate .dont tell me waste of time lol

Im not sure. I know city publish annual reports and the like but how much revenue/sales based financial information can we get from the club...even at a courtesy. Ok we dont want to really know the financial angle but we can put 2 & 2 together if they are selling to an agency over the average fan.

Does anyone like Kevin parker from OSC get stats on supporter club allocations over the season? I think this is a wider issue and more and more blues are being stung.

There is numerous stories of diehard fans from days gone by who couldnt be assed by the tourist hype of an away day now or who are pissed that the tunnel club ST holders get a pick of the allocation now. Plus stories of numerous foreign fans or bulk lots of empty seats together.

Who says city release them. Liverpool give us 2500 instead of 3000 and let 500 go Willy nilly to agencies. We wouldn't know any different.

We might do the same thing back.
No. I can say with certainty that does not happen. All tickets in the away end are given to the visiting club.They are very strictly monitored. I have a friend who knows the Cheif Exec at a Premier League Club. A family member wanted two tickets for a very important match at his ground but requested that they be in the away end. He could not supply them, as he said the away club are responsible for the behaviour of its fans in the away end. If he could not control ticket supply nobody could. All of the away end at Liverpool will have been allocated by City.

No. I can say with certainty that does not happen. All tickets in the away end are given to the visiting club.They are very strictly monitored. I have a friend who knows the Cheif Exec at a Premier League Club. A family member wanted two tickets for a very important match at his ground but requested that they be in the away end. He could not supply them, as he said the away club are responsible for the behaviour of its fans in the away end. If he could not control ticket supply nobody could. All of the away end at Liverpool will have been allocated by City.
I remember Bill coming out with the same for Watford away because City did one of their corporate events for it, and he made it it was Watford doing it in the City end!

I spent 18 months working on Manchester during the week stayin at the Crowne Plaza. They had 2 United season tickets which they used to sell (with accommodation) or give away (I was offered them for a couple of midweek games free - but turned them down)! Anyway - point is - it is also possible to own season tickets and then buy away for every game and sell on. Other than the fact you have to get loyalty points first. It's not just football though - look at concerts "sold out" in 5 mins and thousands on sale at inflated prices.

Do we have any form of freedom of information on this? I think every blue would love a detailed breakdown of the allocation. (Fans with 20k+ points, supporters clubs, players family & friends etc, 3rd party agencies)
Freedom of information requests only cover public bodies not private clubs. You will therefore, get no answer. The Club would never release that information voluntarily. They are always very vague on allocation. They always use the standard spiel when announcing ticketallocations. I remember seeing one of the glossy brochures for the boxes and one of its unique selling points listed was “ priority for away tickets”. So what you have and who you know will always be priority over points. They get what’s left.

Freedom of information requests only cover public bodies not private clubs. You will therefore, get no answer. The Club would never release that information voluntarily. They are always very vague on allocation. They always use the standard spiel when announcing ticketallocations. I remember seeing one of the glossy brochures for the boxes and one of its unique selling points listed was “ priority for away tickets”. So what you have and who you know will always be priority over points. They get what’s left.

Isn't that the same in all walks of life though. If i was paying £25k a year on a box I would want tickets to any game I fancied. Why would the club not favour that person over someone paying £299 up in the gods in SS3 who has loyalty points. It's just business.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.