Talksport

Anybody who thinks that city games are boring must be tripping.
I look at it this way.
We are in 1st place and by some margin and to me every pass, shot and tackle could mean a goal or every misplaced shot, tackle and pass could spell danger. Right now every league game is a cup final for me, it's life or death for 3 points, we've got ourselves up there through hard work and dedication.
Last night even at 3 nil I was still on the edge of my seat. This is uncharted territory we find ourselves in, nobody as fans or the club has been in this situation before(ok maybe under Keegan in the championship we broke loose for a bit) but this is the premier league.
This is the trophy I want more than any other, winning the league is the pinnacle as a club and a team, we've done it every other way and I'd love it if we romped it with games to spare.
But one game at a time, 16 cup finals left for me, and the thrill and the buzz and the excitement is bursting out of me every game.

+1 More

I look at it this way.
We are in 1st place and by some margin and to me every pass, shot and tackle could mean a goal or every misplaced shot, tackle and pass could spell danger. Right now every league game is a cup final for me, it's life or death for 3 points, we've got ourselves up there through hard work and dedication.
Last night even at 3 nil I was still on the edge of my seat. This is uncharted territory we find ourselves in, nobody as fans or the club has been in this situation before(ok maybe under Keegan in the championship we broke loose for a bit) but this is the premier league.
This is the trophy I want more than any other, winning the league is the pinnacle as a club and a team, we've done it every other way and I'd love it if we romped it with games to spare.
But one game at a time, 16 cup finals left for me, and the thrill and the buzz and the excitement is bursting out of me every game.

Same for me! 15 points clear and i still havent relaxed since the first game of the season! :-)

I look at it this way.
Spot on. Cannot be bored watching KDB Silva Sane Sterling and Aguero.

Dean Saunders said this morning he fancies Palace to stay up as they have world class players like Puncheon & Benteke. Never mind the fact Puncheon is goosed.

Yep. I second every word by Manimanc. But I think this is a trait that is only found in us older people who know from sad experience that if anyone is going fuck things up big-time it's us. Many younger fans would not have experienced those bittersweet years of Swales, Alan Ball, Pearce, 'Forward with Franny' and the rest. And I hope they never do.

Like the poster said, I too was a bundle of nerves last night despite the scoreline: I just wanted to hear the final whistle so I could relax and enjoy the accumulation of another three points.

Perhaps anticipating yet another almighty major balls-up from City is ingrained in each of our respective souls!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.