Taking kids to the match

Depends on your child. I took my (then) 4 year old to a match, made sure he had his DS, comics, sweets in case he got bored - none of it, he loved it.
Good idea that. We play a game where they get a sweet or choc for every goal scored. Only been doing this for last 2 weeks. At the ground I've said double rewards! Camera on a mini tablet could be good too.

My son is 10,he has had a season card for 6 years now,3 years in the family stand and the last 3 years in the south stand 318,he has always loved it,we very rarely miss a home match but when we do he hates it and feels bad about not "turning up ".he even attends all champs league games now as his mother allows him to go to night matches these days.

when he was younger ,i would buy him whatever sweets and drinks he wanted to keep him happy,but i wouldn't allow him to have digital devices etc,many in the south stand allow their kids to take all that rubbish to a match,but if it does help a parent to get their kids into the city bug,so be it.

I recently took my 8 year old lad who has ADHD.
I was prepared to leave early if needed. I took a view that if we managed to half time, it would be worth it.
He was so excited, and knew a lot of the chants/songs from listening on TV. He lasted the full match, and was the best behaved i have ever seen him.
I was worried about all the swearing and offensive language, but to be honest, once i warned him, he toned it down...

Well i was considering taking my 18 month old son later on this season..... upon reading this thread, that may have to wait a while now!

Took the girlfriend’s 6 year old son to the Chelsea game last season and he absolutely loved it. Didn’t take his eyes off it once and was telling me what a great game Willian and Moses were having down the Chelsea wing which I begrudgingly acknowledged. And when yaya came on as sub he was overjoyed. I’d taught him the yaya song sometime back...

In his words, he wants to go in with the noisy lot next time as he pointed at the south stand

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.