David Silva - official statement

I am absolutely not going to make this about me, however, as an insight and to share; in May, my wife gave birth to twins that
were 10 weeks and one day premature. It is a hugely stressful and emotionally challenging time. The birth and the subsequent time on the Neo-natal ward was frightening and amazing in equal measure. Two tiny, vulnerable to everything, babies wired up all over their little bodies and in their incubators was something I shall never forget.

7 months later and after a few initial serious problems, both are wonderful and doing very well.

My point being; the midwifes, the nurses, the doctors, the consultants - everyone, were utterly amazing and the technology and medical know-how to deal with and treat these tiny gifts is truly remarkable. At both just under 3lbs birth weight, I was terrified of picking them up - I/we needn't have worried, the nurses were outstanding in everything they did and taught us.

I said it wasn't about me and I have gone on a little bit there - apologies. But, it was an emotional time and obviously I have no idea as to how premature young baby Mateo is, all I am saying is that all is not lost and the young man, I hope will have every chance with the expertise available to him. I am truly in awe of all of the wonderful professionals who choose to dedicate themselves to this cause.

Mateo will have all the same things and wonderful medical minds available to him that we did

It just goes to show what a truly remarkable man David is and the consummate professional to play and perform exceptionally during this difficult time.

Hell, even if he's only half as good as his old man, Mateo would still get a game and do well for City in the future :) That is how highly Merlin is rated - in everything that he does.

Best wishes to David, his partner and their son. xxxx

Last edited:
Incredible how Merlin can put in a performance like last night considering what he is going through. All the best to David and his family.

I am absolutely not going to make this about me, however, as an insight and to share; in May my wife gave both to twins that
were 10 weeks and one day premature. It is a hugely stressful and emotionally challenging time. The birth and the subsequent time on the Neo-natal ward was frightening and amazing in equal measure. Two tiny, vulnerable to everything, babies wired up all over their little bodies and in their incubators was something I shall never forget.

7 months later and after a few initial serious problems, both are wonderful and doing very well.

My point being; the midwifes, the nurses, the doctors, the consultants - everyone, were utterly amazing and the technology and medical know-how to deal with and treat these tiny gifts is truly remarkable. At both just under 3lbs birth weight, I was terrified of picking them up - I/we needn't have worried, the nurses were outstanding in everything they did and taught us.

I said it wasn't about me and I have gone on a little bit there - apologies. But, it was an emotional time and obviously I have no idea as to how premature young baby Mateo is, all I am saying is that all is not lost and the young man, I hope will have every chance with the expertise available to him. I am truly in awe of all of the wonderful professionals who choose to dedicate themselves to this cause.

Mateo will have all the same things and wonderful medical minds available to him that we did

It just goes to show what a truly remarkable man David is and the consummate professional to play and perform exceptionally during this difficult time.

Hell, even if he's only half as good as his old man, Mateo would still get a game and do well for City in the future :) That is how highly Merlin is rated - in everything that he does.

Best wishes to David, his partner and their son. xxxx

Sometimes it needs to be 'all about you' my friend. Life can be hard and deals us some tough and testing blows. My daughter was born in 2010, premature and with severe disabilities. She has a chromosome abnormality that is so rare it doesn't have a name. She spent 6 months solid on neonatal and then the best part of 2 years in and out of hospital. I echo your comments regarding how amazing the staff are in those circumstances, and also just how stressful and difficult it is try to continue with normal life, a job and the family we already have. We were told that she wouldn't last a week, then a month then told she wouldn't make school... she'll be 8 in February! Life's still hard but she's here and fighting!

It's hard, hard when you are an average Joe let alone someone like Silva who has to live in the public eye in another country so all my thoughts are with him. And also to you my friend, glad you and yours pulled through and are all doing well!

BTW, while I'm here rambling I'd like to thank many fellow Blues (a lot who come on here, and are members of the Dukinfield Branch) for raising so much money on behalf of my daughter for Francis House Hospice... she spends a lot of time there and it's really appreciated.

Hopefully Junior is a chip off the old block, his father is showing real mental strength to cope during this time, conducting himself immaculately as always.

Best wishes to the family.

Sometimes it needs to be 'all about you' my friend. Life can be hard and deals us some tough and testing blows. My daughter was born in 2010, premature and with severe disabilities. She has a chromosome abnormality that is so rare it doesn't have a name. She spent 6 months solid on neonatal and then the best part of 2 years in and out of hospital. I echo your comments regarding how amazing the staff are in those circumstances, and also just how stressful and difficult it is try to continue with normal life, a job and the family we already have. We were told that she wouldn't last a week, then a month then told she wouldn't make school... she'll be 8 in February! Life's still hard but she's here and fighting!

It's hard, hard when you are an average Joe let alone someone like Silva who has to live in the public eye in another country so all my thoughts are with him. And also to you my friend, glad you and yours pulled through and are all doing well!

BTW, while I'm here rambling I'd like to thank many fellow Blues (a lot who come on here, and are members of the Dukinfield Branch) for raising so much money on behalf of my daughter for Francis House Hospice... she spends a lot of time there and it's really appreciated.

That is an incredible story, mate, and when a condition does not have a name, then you know it is quite a serious matter. What yo have gone through there is unimaginable.

I wish you and your family well and that last paragraph is truly beautiful and just shows the level of human compassion that makes it all that little bit better.

My wife and I had a baby boy in April last year. He was born 10 weeks early and spent 6 long weeks in the Neonatal unit at Oldham Hospital. It was so tough but our boy was never really touch and go.

Can only think that young Mateó was born at more like 24 weeks hence the uncertainty and hell that poor David and his partner are going.

Our boy is now 9 months old and you genuinely wouldn't know that he was born so early. Stay strong David. If the little man has half the heart you do, he'll fly through this early test and be fighting fit in no time

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.