January transfer/its quiet Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umtiti isn’t coming he will sign a new improved contract

You never know though mate? Barca are currently in breach of their own rules still I believe regarding wages to turnover etc? Now after giving Messi a huge chuck of cash and wage rise they are going to put down over €100m on coutinho? Who’s not to say umtiti doesn’t fancy stepping into the premier league for a bash on bigger wages and to play for pep? We have definitely spoken to him and his people so he was intruigued enough to at least see what was on offer?

It baffles me why our club is not going for toby alderweired of tottenham. He has premier league experience, arguably the best premier league center back of last 2/3 season. 1 and a half season of contract left, 28/29 of age and is interested to move club to win titles. For me he and azbelecueta are the 2 best defenders in the league.
Tolmie so you have any info?

You never know though mate? Barca are currently in breach of their own rules still I believe regarding wages to turnover etc? Now after giving Messi a huge chuck of cash and wage rise they are going to put down over €100m on coutinho? Who’s not to say umtiti doesn’t fancy stepping into the premier league for a bash on bigger wages and to play for pep? We have definitely spoken to him and his people so he was intruigued enough to at least see what was on offer?
Umtiti is most probably using us to get improved contract at barcelona. Messi did the same recently. They usually listen what we or buying club are offering and go to their club and say - look they are offering me this much amount of money. Give me this amount or sell me to the club.

It baffles me why our club is not going for toby alderweired of tottenham. He has premier league experience, arguably the best premier league center back of last 2/3 season. 1 and a half season of contract left, 28/29 of age and is interested to move club to win titles. For me he and azbelecueta are the 2 best defenders in the league.

If VVD went for £75 M to Liverpool imagine what Levy would want for Alderweired from "Mega bucks City" .

Christensen is better than both and only 21. If we want to poach from rivals we should be aftet him. He is so composed, reads the game brilliantly and is competent on the ball.

His only weakness is perhaps the drilled forward passing Pep likes from his centre halves which is why Umtiti has been mentioned. I thought Umtiti was poor when we beat Barca last season but Pep can improve him and he knows the system to a degree so would fit in well.

Umtiti is most probably using us to get improved contract at barcelona. Messi did the same recently. They usually listen what we or buying club are offering and go to their club and say - look they are offering me this much amount of money. Give me this amount or sell me to the club.
It could be, but sooner or later Barcelona are going to need to say there is no more money, keep paying more isn't sustainable.

Bravo
Ederson
Kompany
Mangala
Otamendi
Danilo
Mendy
Fernandinho
Toure
De Bruyne
D. Silva
Gundogan
B. Silva
Sane
Aguero
Jesus

That's 16 of the 17 foreign-trained player limit. So who goes if we sign both Umtiti and Sanchez?
Mendy, Mangala, Kompany, Toure. We have options.

Umtiti is CL tied for Barca.

Sanchez and Martinez have both played EL. Only 1 of them could go on our CL squad A list!

We have 17 players on our CL A list right now. Muric is one of them, as he didn't meet B list requirements.
Why Zinchenko wasn't added, I don't know. Maybe Pep didn't trust him back then.

For domestic games we still have 3 free foreign spots.

We had a full 17 player list for the start of the season, Muric was added as we needed 3 keepers but I think he is now eligible for the B list as he joined 2 years ago this January. If a centre back joins then Mangala will probably leave freeing another spot which would give us 2 spaces. The question would then be would Zinchenko be added at Mendy's expense?

thought this myself until realised he’s fucked his hamstring, needed surgery and is out for 4 months +
Don’t think his clause kicks in till the summer anyway. I’m sure he’s being monitored

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.