Jonny Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope the rags have their arses smacked by West Brom if the resign him. Maybe not to the extent of Pogba, but just enough to laugh at their ridiculous transfer dealings and to make Woodward look like a pillock.

Guys dont start to hate johnny evans. He might one day play for city and we have to cheer him. After all they are all professionals. They might have played for united or any other teams, it is not much important. If he comes to city and scores against united will you guys celebrate or not?
Imagine the scenario - johnny evans scoring against united in champions league semifinal which earn us the place in finals... or Evans scoring against united which win us the title in their home...or evans receiving the guard of honor at uniteds ground...
This will piss united fans.
And also we have history of getting united's players like hargreaves, schmeichael etc, which was not a surprise then than why now?

Guys dont start to hate johnny evans. He might one day play for city and we have to cheer him. After all they are all professionals. They might have played for united or any other teams, it is not much important. If he comes to city and scores against united will you guys celebrate or not?
Imagine the scenario - johnny evans scoring against united in champions league semifinal which earn us the place in finals... or Evans scoring against united which win us the title in their home...or evans receiving the guard of honor at uniteds ground...
And also we have history of getting united's players like hargreaves, schmeichael etc, which was not a surprise then than why now?

The likelihood of him giving away a pen or scoring a hat trick will be the thing that determines his popularity. I think he will be more Schmeichel than Hargreaves. Schmeichel re-waved the Rag flag the minute he left; Hargreaves hasn't. And Carlos Alberto, like the rest of us, couldn't stand the GPC!

It will unfold as it will unfold.

It’s an odd one for me. Evans is half decent IMO but I don’t get why we’re after him.

If it’s purely cover it’s a helluva lot to pay for someone not much better than mangala. If it’s for someone who could compete for a starting place then why not add £10-20m to the £30m we’re thinking of paying and get another young world class defender that’ll be with us for a decade.

Most people can probably get over that he is ex utd. The problem is he's not very good.

Cheer him ! Like in an ironic kind of way ?

It’s an odd one for me. Evans is half decent IMO but I don’t get why we’re after him.

If it’s purely cover it’s a helluva lot to pay for someone not much better than mangala. If it’s for someone who could compete for a starting place then why not add £10-20m to the £30m we’re thinking of paying and get another young world class defender that’ll be with us for a decade.

With you mate, and given Mangala’s recent improvements I would even contest whether Evans is better.

up-H02LD3F24QOQTJNL.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.