Career change; career as an electrician

Painter/Decorator. It has it's skills, but barring maintenance, making areas more hygienic and painting the yellow nosing on steps to stop people breaking their neck, it's a largely cosmetic trade.
Very underrated painter/decorators...good ones are worth there weight in gold...

As has been stated already a 5 week course will teach you nothing. There is reason apprentices do 4 years.

£15 is cheap. An Agency spark will earn about £17 An hour and a good spark will earn 45k+ a year. With overtime that could go up to 60k. Add 20% to that for London

Haha....when you've been in the industry as long as we have mate, there is no doubt our experiences will be very similar....i used to enjoy the job but can't wait to get out of it now...the games gone and it's harder than ever to make a buck
Again, I agree with every word u say skip. I’d love to get out of the game soon, actually might have to as I’m suffering really bad with osteoarthritis in both my hands. But not sure what else I could do . Do you see yourself with a change of trade, or something entirely different??

I’ve been a spark for 9 years now. I used to really enjoy it until a couple of years ago, I almost hate it now. We’re vastly underpaid, considering what we do. I mainly work in food factory’s across the country, but I used to do all sorts at my old job. One day I could be house bashing, the next day wiring some lights in a school and then day after that installing steel containment in a power station. £16 an hour isn’t nowhere near enough for the knowledge we have to take in. Thinking about fucking off to either Canada or Australia, something different to usual daily grind in the UK.

By accident! the decorators put your work right anyway
Bollox!!, not all spreads are rough arses, all site work (which I don't do) is slap dash, get it on and done asap as the they get paid by the metre, the going rate on site £3+ per m, shite rate of pay, hence the "arrrrr fuck it, decorator get that" attitude from plasterers on site, up the spreads, fuck the brush and roller mob ;-))

I’ve been a spark for 9 years now. I used to really enjoy it until a couple of years ago, I almost hate it now. We’re vastly underpaid, considering what we do. I mainly work in food factory’s across the country, but I used to do all sorts at my old job. One day I could be house bashing, the next day wiring some lights in a school and then day after that installing steel containment in a power station. £16 an hour isn’t nowhere near enough for the knowledge we have to take in. Thinking about fucking off to either Canada or Australia, something different to usual daily grind in the UK.

My mate earns a fortune as a Sparky on an oil rig and has 6 months holiday a year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.