Inigo Martinez

One fairly dependable journalist in Spain claims La Real refuse to enter into negotiations on the fee for the player, either City pays it or the player remains. So I would guess that Txiki & Pep are considering their options first since Martinez isn't going anywhere anytime soon and focusing on completing a deal on Alexis first

One fairly dependable journalist in Spain claims La Real refuse to enter into negotiations on the fee for the player, either City pays it or the player remains. So I would guess that Txiki & Pep are considering their options first since Martinez isn't going anywhere anytime soon and focusing on completing a deal on Alexis first
It was reported that Txiki was in San Sebastián recently so sure he already knows exactly what is required to secure Martinez

If Martinez has a buy out clause we're willing to meet then I'd have thought he'd already be signed.

The release clause is €32m (£27.5m).

No reason whatsoever why the offer is not made immediately. Real Sociedad will not accept a euro less.

Just do it. Then the emphasis can switch immediately to Sanchez.

These two guarantee the League title in terms of potential injury concerns between now and May.

Why does this feel like a desperate signing? Not a panic buy mind, but a desperate one nevertheless. Like I see all our transfers under Pep and there's clearly two kinds - players who were the 1st choice and the club was hell bent on getting them in and the backups who we would never buy in an ideal situation but kinda had to because of the market. Bravo, Nolito and Danilo are the only players we've bought under Pep who fall under that second category. It doesn't matter the level at which they're performing when we bought them, all of them were clearly not 1st choices. We bought Bravo because there was literally nobody available that late in the window and Ter Stegen wasn't coming, Nolito was clearly a random buy for a squad place because he was performing good and was incredibly cheap and we went for Danilo because Alves fucked us over and there was no other experienced RB in the market in the 20-30 mil range. And just look at how all three turned out. Jury might be still out for Danilo but he's never going to be a top player, is he? Martinez is very much like that. He'll probably turn in okay performances when Otamendi and Stones are not available, but I don't see how he would be challenging for a starting place. I don't care if we sign JFE or Martinez cause they're not competing for the top spot, will only play in the league cup or when one of the main guys are injured and they sure as shit ain't improving the squad quality by their presence.

I've not seen much of him, but I share the same reservations. Not particularly big, not particularly quick, reasonable in possession. It's irritating that it's come to this (ie buying another stop gap, rather than a top drawer centre half), because the situation with Kompany was entirely forseeable. Still, as ever, our need is clear and in Pep we must trust. I think he's pretty much shown that he knows how many beans make 5

I've not seen much of him, but I share the same reservations. Not particularly big, not particularly quick, reasonable in possession. It's irritating that it's come to this (ie buying another stop gap, rather than a top drawer centre half), because the situation with Kompany was entirely forseeable. Still, as ever, our need is clear and in Pep we must trust. I think he's pretty much shown that he knows how many beans make 5
Don't think he is a stop gap, more a replacement for Mangala that can rotate with Otamendi or play on the left of a three or cover left back. Stones is Kompanys replacement, and either Kompany or somebody else will cover Stones next season.

Don't think he is a stop gap, more a replacement for Mangala that can rotate with Otamendi or play on the left of a three or cover left back. Stones is Kompanys replacement, and either Kompany or somebody else will cover Stones next season.

CORRECT!

No reason whatsoever why the offer is not made immediately. Real Sociedad will not accept a euro less.

These two guarantee the League title in terms of potential injury concerns between now and May.

One reason would be if we have a limited amount of money to spend & have not reached an agreement on the cost of Sanchez.

Martinez will have to pay the clause himself if we don't agree something with Sociedad, so it'll be £27.5m +45% income tax. £39.875m

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.