Kompany calls on Premier League clubs to drop ticket prices

Kompany is absolutely spot on. It's only really repeating what fans have been saying for a long time, but at least it gets some media coverage when it comes from a high profile player.

Hopefully at some point the clubs will start to listen, and the away ticket price cap was a good start, but I won't hold my breath. Whilst fans are too pre-occupied mocking rivals' attendances, rather than addressing the underlying reasons for it, then there's little hope. Supporters need to come together on this, but probably won't.

Another issue is season ticket holders not showing up. There’s plenty of games I go to where is supposedly a sell out but you can see empty seats all over. It’d be good if there’s a way that could be tackled

Expand to 80,000 capacity. Offer 20,000 match day tickets at £15-£20 (crummiest seats obviously). Watch the crowds grow. At present, too much emphasis on season tickets, making match day tickets stupidly dear.

The math day Prem tickets are too expensive. Making season cards cheaper could be counter productive as you suggest.
You could discount the ST renewal based on attendance. 10% discount on renewal for full attendance, miss 1 or 2 and 5% discount. You could stack it season on season, up to a limit of 20% discount for example.

So if you have full attendance for 2 seasons you get 20% discount, you could miss 4 games over 2 seasons and have 10% off your renewal.

You could discount the ST renewal based on attendance. 10% discount on renewal for full attendance, miss 1 or 2 and 5% discount. You could stack it season on season, up to a limit of 20% discount for example.

So if you have full attendance for 2 seasons you get 20% discount, you could miss 4 games over 2 seasons and have 10% off your renewal.

I like your suggestions pee dubya. I would probably just have the discount for people attending every game because they are season cards (although most people can’t make every game).

You could discount the ST renewal based on attendance. 10% discount on renewal for full attendance, miss 1 or 2 and 5% discount. You could stack it season on season, up to a limit of 20% discount for exampl
Mate, my job involves flying round in a big red truck with blue lights flashing meaning I work shifts. I move heaven and high water to get to games and then have the rug pulled with fixture changes due to TV to make it even worse. If I can't go I try and give my seat away for free. As a last resort I use the ticket exchange, and for me it's bordering on criminal if my seat ever goes empty. So your suggestion is not very good in a nutshell.

I know many say he a potential future manager of City, but I disagree.

I think Kompany has every chance of being Sorriano’s successor.

Our Karl-Heinz Rummenigge.
My first thought too.

Kompany is absolutely spot on. It's only really repeating what fans have been saying for a long time, but at least it gets some media coverage when it comes from a high profile player.

Hopefully at some point the clubs will start to listen, and the away ticket price cap was a good start, but I won't hold my breath. Whilst fans are too pre-occupied mocking rivals' attendances, rather than addressing the underlying reasons for it, then there's little hope. Supporters need to come together on this, but probably won't.

Probably not. There is so much points scoring on this especially by the rags etc. Yet almost every single shot of a throw in, at the swamp, has an empty seat in the background.

But Kompany's angle of 'the product' being better, with more of the 'right' people in the ground, & it being aimed at the people who actually pay the clubs for 'the product' as a way to improve it, is a great angle imo, better than just appealing to clubs or fan pressure groups.

We have already seen a shot across the bows re teams like Newcastle's setup v City 'boring' Premier League subscribers around the world, if people such as Kompany could get the paymasters to start thinking like this re ticket prices, & they pushed for a change, to improve the quality of the product, then it would get done, no question.

There is absolutely no reason fans in the UK should pay more than ones in Germany, other than the clubs here milking more money out of them, because they can get away with it.

Sky etc could pretty much stop that overnight.

Bayern are charging 70 euros for the best seats at the sides for Bundesliga games. But behind the goal at both ends, lower tier, right across the width of the pitch, is 15 euros.

Watch their games on tv & look at where the 'atmosphere' is coming from. Sky could probably engineer that same situation in the Prem.

Looked for tickets for the Watford game for my kids, both under 10.

Think it was £27 each. No thanks.

Mate, my job involves flying round in a big red truck with blue lights flashing meaning I work shifts. I move heaven and high water to get to games and then have the rug pulled with fixture changes due to TV to make it even worse. If I can't go I try and give my seat away for free. As a last resort I use the ticket exchange, and for me it's bordering on criminal if my seat ever goes empty. So your suggestion is not very good in a nutshell.
You mean it's not a very good idea for people who sometimes have to miss games and can't fill the seat, no it wouldn't benefit those people. Which would be a shame, but perfect solutions don't tend to exist.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.