Burnley (3rd rd FA Cup) Post Match thread

It depends. You very well could be an African. And your kids Asians. :)

By the way it sounds like you've had a pretty cool life so stop whining :p
Don't remember Africa too well to be honest I was four when I left and was brought up in Manchester. Asia was cool though.

PS I have actually lived a fair bit of my life in the West of Scotland where I currently live and am very aware of Scottish identity politics.

I thought burnley were has good as most teams if not better than most of the teams that have played us.
Especially in the first half.
We're just better than everyone this season
C.T.I.D .

There seventh in the league and lost two of their star men last season.

They actually play decent football at times as well, Hendricks goal vs Everton was one of the goals of the season imo.
Going to have to agree to disagree then, as I think they play some of the most turgid, dull football I've seen a while. They may have scored one good goal this year, but the rest of the time it's just standard, aimless hoofing where they keep it tight at the back and hope they get lucky and randomly score a goal through a mistake or a lucky bounce. With the ball they are as bad a team as you will see.

Fair fucks to them it's working for them for now, but one Sam Allardyce has always been more than enough for me though. They are fully entitled to play that way and I am fully entitled to say I think it's boring as fuck and I wouldn't want my team to be playing that way(and they are fully entitled to not give a shit that I feel that way)

Typical City is always lurking beneath the surface.
Good win in the end but the first have was slapdash in the extreme.
A miskick by Stones for the first but Bravo just waved at it as per last season - I know it was a hell of a hit but realy he should have got somthing on it.
I would imagine Sean Dyche has thrown all his toys out of the pram over City's first goal. Still serves the Burnley players right for not getting on with retreating 10 yards! There's a limit to how much crap a ref can take and he didn't blow his whistle to stop the game to pace the wall out. The Burnley defence was simply asleep.
Still after that the City of earlier in the season were back.
Gundogan had a great game - even before the goal and he looks to be the player he was at the start of last season. Good for the run in.
Sane back on form too.
And the pass from Kev to Sane to set up the 4th - pass of the season.
Great news.
Next.

I thought Burnley pressed very well at times today and made us look sloppy in spells but I think we needed a game like that though so credit to them.

It was a reminder not to get too relaxed in possession or that it's always going to be easy to pass around them. Teams haven't pressed us high up the pitch(ok it wasn't always high pressing, but it was constant pressure when we were in their half and they did force a few mistakes at the back when they dared) often enough in recent weeks, aside from Spurs where we looked fantastic again. I know Burnley were tiring but everything City did sharpened up gradually over that second half too and they couldn't live with us. The execution of the pass, finding the best space to give team mates a good option, control on receiving the ball to give themselves more time to get their head up and make the right choice was all looking more and more like the City we saw in October/November.

Liverpool will press us full on, esp in front of their own fans

Burnley were complete and utter shit from start to finish. When will a ref have the balls to book a keeper in the first few minutes for time wasting? Why was Dyche moaning to the 4th official all game? How can he moan about not getting an offside when he is standing on the halfway line. It's like appealing for LBW in cricket from square leg. We battered them without getting out of second gear.

He is just like Hughes, constant fucking moaning at the officials

It makes me sad to read some of the comments here about other teams. :(

I normally give it a pass when it's United or Liverpool. As some are just begging for a fight when it comes to those 2.

But the amount of raglike arrogant comments keep growing by the day.

Dyche is a commendable manager. And for the record, they don't park the bus. It's a bit of a midfield compact press. It befuddled us in the 1st half and credit to them.

But we found our groove in the 2nd and outsmarted their very good plan.

Fantastic game of football.

You might want to watch Dyche a bit more closely - he tore into the 4th official and the assistant ref for 90 minutes today (the poor old assistant on the Colin Bell side was terrified and was all over the shop) moan, moan and more moan from Dyche.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.