Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Former premier league player of the year and a proper handful when he can be arsed playing.

I think Klopp and playing at Anfield will get him going again, £55m might look a bargain in 12 months if so.

Looking like a decent first 11 for Liverpool and might be challengers to us ....... next year !

Sensible buy and not a bad price, probably made the best out of a bad situation.

Truth is however you only go backwards when you sell your best players in their peak. It also sends a message to your other players.

Leicester are really struggling now. Mahrez is a flair player that would suit any side in the Prem. Perfect for Arsenal I thought. Once again, they have no interest in spending cash. So Liverpool's gain. With the transfer market/tv deal seeing wild fee's £55m for a 26yo is fantastic. It also lends to us having a bargain in KDB! A bit like Stones/Van Dyke, both great defenders and both sides needed them, but in terms of fee.. you pay what you need. Ox-chamberpot however is never a £40m player EVER!

Clubs should always buy what they need, it's why I think the rags strategy is flawed. £90m on Pogba and £75m is what it is, but when you think of the type of player they need to control games, it's a Kroos/Alonso type. But they'll have our problem of last season, AGE. Takes them two summers to get near our squad.

Last edited:
Salah, mane, lallana, Mahrez all similar for me. Lpool still have no keeper or proper cf firminho is dump. No way does losing can and coutinho get fixed by vvd and Mahrez signing. Let’s not forget they still have Henderson as cpt

Coutinho for Mahrez yeah good buy
I didn't say that, on its own it's a good purchase.
A lot will depend on who else they bring in, i read somewhere that they won 8 out of 10 games without Coutinho. If that's true then they can survive without him.

Hope they pay 55M for him. He plays the same position as Salah so won’t get much game time. Means they spend a wedge and it Doesn’t address any of their problem areas. Just buying more of the same in a position they are already strong in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.