Liverpool thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you substituted Sterling for Torres it proves that it never changes. I’m already reading about Coutinho being somewhat over rated and they’ve done Barcelona up like the proverbial kipper. I really think that the rags are nowhere near this level of delusion.

They're not, they're bigger wankers but they're more grounded wankers.

PW, where were you before last August?

You’re one of the best posters on Bluemoon. Always insightful and eloquent.

That's very kind of you V70. To be honest I've followed the forum for some times, as the humour on here is second to none. I'm one if the unfortunate ones being born in 1975 and suffered at the hands of rags for the majority of my footballing life. Season ticket since 84, however my Dad, who turned 80 in October has been going seventy five years and I'm so glad he's seen them come good again.

This was posted on here years ago and most of it is still relevant, although at the end, the rags are definitely turning into their scouse cousins

That is the bet piece of writing Ive ever read on here...its perfect and so so accurate. Infant you could go on to extend the same theories to the city and people in general with the cult like status that they have built up around the city of Liverpool itself and other things/people to come out of it.....i could go on rant about the vastly overrated the Beatles are but I guess music is more about opinion and taste than football is, where facts are far more easily provable due to results. Results in music (i.e. No.1 hits, album sales etc etc) are still based on individuals and taste but the furore/hype that surrounds this band is so excessive you can see how it is comparable to liverpool FC...they even had there own jesus like figure (john Lennon) who was killed/became almost a martyr and a judas in Yoko-ono.....

Who wrote it originally?

They are nothing more than a cult..I said last week that I actually hate Liverpool FC more than Utd by a long way and I stand by that.

This was posted on here years ago and most of it is still relevant, although at the end, the rags are definitely turning into their scouse cousins

That is incredibly brilliant.

Almost, dare I say it, religious ;)

If you substituted Sterling for Torres it proves that it never changes. I’m already reading about Coutinho being somewhat over rated and they’ve done Barcelona up like the proverbial kipper. I really think that the rags are nowhere near this level of delusion.

Tbf they have at 140m lol

The other question you have to ask is...

Where have Barcelona found this money, I thought they were struggling in that area and were forced to sell Neymar due to being unable to afford to keep him on at the salary he would have demanded, so to spunk nearly all of that transfer fee received and hand it to Liverpool for what is frankly a downgrade on Neymar is quite staggering.

Good for us though as surely we will be the good guys now, not breaking transfer records with every new signing lol

Not sure how true it is but a Scouse friend of mine reckons that Liverpool have already done the dough from Coutinho, spending £75 mill on vd and committing £70 mill to Keita the only way to fund this was to sell players. Time will tell I suppose, but if you have £145 mill to spend is it best to buy just 2 players given the squad Liverpool have.

Not sure how true it is but a Scouse friend of mine reckons that Liverpool have already done the dough from Coutinho, spending £75 mill on vd and committing £70 mill to Keita the only way to fund this was to sell players. Time will tell I suppose, but if you have £145 mill to spend is it best to buy just 2 players given the squad Liverpool have.
Spuds proved that selling one top player for a ton of cash (Bale) and buying half a dozen dross with that cash doesn't guarantee success or even guarantee not going backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.