Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's chatter United have tried to fuck us over with money way beyond what we are offering, both in terms of a fee and wages.

Regardless of the fact Sanchez only wants us, even City aren't going to fall for Wenger willingly doing business with the "little man".

he is a 100m player,30 or 35m is fine,we couldn't get a player of this quality and prem experience in the here and now anywhere else for under the 100m,get it done

He has been a model professional so far (unlike VVD, for example), a behaviour I deeply respect. However Wenger simply cannot rely on his professionalism any more, it's over. If Sanchez is not sold by the end of the winter transfer window (given that he will not renew with Arsenal), he will have to seriously think about his future (and the future of his family). This will be his last chance of signing a really competitive contract, I mean you have to be ignorant (or inhuman) expecting a player to give his very best in the remaining months of his current contract: He picks up an injury, his negotiation status is fucked. Furthermore -and unfortunately for Wenger- there is no WC for Alexis either, which means zero motive in that area as well. As far as I am concerned, it would make sense if he actually did not even want to appear in matches any more. Make sure he leaves London healthy in June, evaluate his options, calmly decide on his next destination...

It's a simple situation really, nothing a 12 yo kid would fail to understand. BUT: This is Arsenal we're talking about, a joke of a club. We already know how they handled it a few months ago, right? How can we trust them? These people could easily fuck up again, just to frustrate City, just to "punish" Alexis. Going against their very interests, creating hell in their own dressing room...

I am desperate to see Alexis signing for City, hoping for his impact during our current campaign. The club, however, cannot do business in such a manner. If Alexis is an 100m player, as you say, you are asking City to pay 30% or 35% of his value now, when he can join for free in a few months. It would be a crime letting Arsenal feel they hold all the cards, letting them feel they hold an advantage in this negotiation. Because they clearly do not. And it would be unforgiven to make the same mistake twice...

Bottom line: You draw a line. 20, 25 mil are more than enough. It's an extremely generous offer (more generous than the one in the previous summer, if you ask me). You make sure it's a take it or leave it situation, you give them a deadline. The player has chosen City, which means City's offer is the only one they will be able to consider. Finally, you should have already prepared alternative options. As I said, you cannot trust Arsenal, the criteria they use in their "decision making". That would be the sensible thing to do. If they fuck up (again), you will still have the time to look elsewhere. And get Alexis for free in June -if you still need him...

It could turn out tough for the player, I know, but City cannot operate differently. Otherwise, it's like rewarding Arsenal for their incompetence. Rewarding a stupid old man for being exactly that: Stupid...

There's chatter United have tried to fuck us over with money way beyond what we are offering, both in terms of a fee and wages.

Regardless of the fact Sanchez only wants us, even City aren't going to fall for Wenger willingly doing business with the "little man".

Hardly surprising. They're getting desperate these days.

Will the only only go through if Arsenal find a replacement? Or will it go through either way?
Thanks Tolmie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.