Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Idiots on SSN were at it again last night. They had a piece on Prem players who's contracts were running down and again mentioned Fernandinho. I am sure I read on here somewhere that he has signed a 1 year extension with an option on another year?

I made the mistake of listening to the Indy football podcast today and it was a damning indictment of football journalism. 45 minutes and I don't think they actually mentioned football once, instead it was half an hour on how great Jose is at being a **** in press conferences and how it's saving the season from being boring, followed by 15 minutes of transfer gossip. Literally didn't even mention the FA Cup games except to say how they weren't as interesting as press conferences

Read an article on MEN today at work. Who the fuck is Sam Luckhurst? Some outrageous, obsessive, anti City propaganda in there.

I made the mistake of listening to the Indy football podcast today and it was a damning indictment of football journalism. 45 minutes and I don't think they actually mentioned football once, instead it was half an hour on how great Jose is at being a **** in press conferences and how it's saving the season from being boring, followed by 15 minutes of transfer gossip. Literally didn't even mention the FA Cup games except to say how they weren't as interesting as press conferences

I think it's the way of there modern world.

Henry Winter asked an interesting question on the Sunday Supplement. He asked whether Shaun Custis had come into football journalism so he could write about football or write about press conferences. Custis' answer was that writing about the press conferences was often more interesting. Sadly, the days of reading a report so you knew what had happened in the match are long over. We all are able to watch highlights of every game even if we don't watch it live, so we know what happened. What is left is option and analysis, which is great, and gossip.

Unfortunately there are about three journalists who are any good at providing decent analysis or capable of offering an interesting opinion, and there is an absolute shitload of scribblers offering gossip masquerading as news.

I think it's the way of there modern world.

Henry Winter asked an interesting question on the Sunday Supplement. He asked whether Shaun Custis had come into football journalism so he could write about football or write about press conferences. Custis' answer was that writing about the press conferences was often more interesting. Sadly, the days of reading a report so you knew what had happened in the match are long over. We all are able to watch highlights of every game even if we don't watch it live, so we know what happened. What is left is option and analysis, which is great, and gossip.

Unfortunately there are about three journalists who are any good at providing decent analysis or capable of offering an interesting opinion, and there is an absolute shitload of scribblers offering gossip masquerading as news.
Yup, there is the sport of football, then the WWE sideshow attached to it and most of the media coverage is about the latter. How unashamed they are of it is the truly disappointing part though, they willingly admit that the football isn't as interesting to them as the pantomime, soap opera bullshit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.