Bristol City (h) pre-match thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Read some very classy comments about David Silva last night on one of your forums, very decent I have to say. Have a great day apart from the result, and try and resist from singing where were you when you were shit, cos most of us old uns were there. I seem to recall my first trip to ashton gate, late 70’s under Tony Book, and we were on something like a 17 match unbeaten run, and you beat us, 2 1 I think? I still take nothing for granted!!
You're just a youngster mate.
I go back to Feb 5 1966 when we played them at Ashton Gate and it was shown on the then new MOTD on BBC2.
My mate said I could watch it at his house as they had BBC2 but we didn't, but then the offer was withdrawn. I was absolutely gutted and still am to this day!
For the record we drew 1-1 with Nellie scoring for us.
As regards your 1978 game, think we drew 2-2 ( Kiddo, Booth).

I wouldn't have Bernardo on the wing as I think he is wasted there, i'd be inclined to drop Yaya from the line up and move Gundo back, I'd like to see Diaz on the left.

Personally, i totally agree with what you are suggesting. They are all very logical decisions from what i can see. For whatever reason though, Pep has shown very little inclination to use Gundogan in that deeper role, has tended to use Bernardo in the wider positions and hasn't shown as much faith in Diaz as i've been expecting. I don't necessarily understand why he's thus far demonstrated a clear reluctance to line the team up the way you suggest but i've seen enough of his line-ups to feel it's unlikely he'll approach the game in that way. My proposed line-up simply reflected that.

I find plenty of Pep's decisions a bit puzzling, but with things going the way they are, i'm assuming any reasons he has are probably good ones.

A round of applause wouldn't go amiss when Josh Browmhill's name is announced. He comes from a massive Blue family, His dad played for the City A team back in the day.
Josh was on the Rags books until he was !6 but every training session he went to, he always had something City related in his kitbag. It will be a massive night for Him.

Nothing to do with above but:
Why do we give up our main stand for away supporters? Could you see Dippers giving up Kop or Rags giving up Stretford End
This must be addressed before it costs us a game

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.