Ilkay Gundogan - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
More than capable of filling in but I'm sure El Mago Poco will be at full health soon and David will be permanently in the UK again. Question is where does Gundogan play when that happens? There's something both beautiful and terrifying about the idea of Gundogan, De Bruyne and both Silvas all playing at once, with Jesus and Aguero running ahead of them.

Would love to see it, might even get away with it against one of the Spanish sides outside the big two :)

Terrible tonight, not on his own. No point playing him CM or in Diniho's role, due to his injuries he dodges every tackle.

there is a good reason why he and others are just subs and not starters..for me he simply is not really good enough in this system and team

Yep, very average. Just lacks that special spark that Merlin and KDB have. Him and Bernardo in the same 11 doesn’t fit right for me.

He's not quite on the same wavelength as KDB which is a problem.

He's played well with Silva, and with Aguero he seems to have a nice connection, but it's pretty unfortunate he doesn't seem to mesh well with the player the side is pretty much built around.

If he can't fix that he'll never be pushing for a starting spot.

Doesn’t do anywhere near enough. A bit like Nasri, keep seeing flashes, hoping for consistency but it just never comes

Decent squad player but not a patch on Silva and De Bruyne. He goes missing too much and with Silva an KDB regardless of if they are having an off night they will always show

Biggest chancer at the club, reminds me so much of Nasri. Loads of ability, doesn't want to do the donkey work and only turns up when he feels like it. He is no replacement for Silva, in fact he is the exact opposite. Silva always wants the ball, in any situation, Gundogan only wants it in and around the opposition box to make a nice simple pass to kid on he's influencing the game. Injuries have obviously played their part and I feel for him from that point of view but he's miles away from the player we thought we were getting when we bought him.

Will need to rewatch the game once I'm sober but didn't think he was that bad as some make out. Much better with Silva against Burnley indeed, but still did OK. It is Bernardo that I'm getting more frustrated with but I'll have to give him a bit of a leeway after that assist as well. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.