Liverpool (Away) - Pre Match Thread

Liverpool v City prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Always a hard ground for us to go to, but I think we'll get a win. Similar to Chelsea away I think. 1-0. Sterling.
Hope Sterling doesn't bottle it he normal does against the dippers!
Got my ticket in Liverpool end near the away end yikes I will have to sit on my hands!

The only premier league ground we haven't won at since the takeover is Anfield so we are long overdue. For some reason its the only ground where any of our players seem to experience stage fright as Liverpool have had fast starts in most of the recent matches, by the time we get into the match we're a goal or 2 down. Having said that teams that press high and counter attack quickly have caused us most problems which is exactly how Liverpool will want to play it.

If we can get hold of the ball early and pass around the press and as a result quieten the crowd we should have too much for them but it is essential we get into the game early and we really have to be a lot more clinical then we have of late. It would be great if Raheem could finally get a goal against them as he hasn't played well against them yet.

Liverpool probably needs to adjust more than we do, being without Coutinho and with Van Dijk. It´s never easy up there. And that is probably exactly what we need right now. We need a big game and this is one of them. We've done great vs top 6 opposition so far. Somehow in these games we seem to be able to raise our game. So I can't expect anything else this Sunday, whatever the outcome.

No defender is too good for Aguero if he performs, certainly not Van Dijk. Besides, he'll be next to one of Matip, Lovren and Klavan, which makes our job far easier ;)
Absolutely..I'm struggling to think of a defender in world football who is "too good " for Kun ..certainly not VVD-Serge on his game is unplayable-too fast in mind & body.My Liverpool mates reckon VVD is the new messiah and will resolve all their defensive frailties ...lets see>

I don't expect too many surprises, Salah to hit the spaces in behind Delph.

Big responsibility on Otamendi to shift across and cover, knowing the player is a bit like Robben, in terms of wanting to shift that ball out of his feet for a curling shot.

We absolutely must get a tune out of both Sane and Sterling this weekend or we will lose, they can do so much damage running inside their full-back positions.

The only other thing is to not play the occasion they will no doubt try to make it.

They can't touch our midfield.

Delph will offer Otamendi much greater protection than Mendy did in the 352 we played against them in September. Stopping Salah and Mané really comes down to stopping their midfield. They don't have anyone who is good enough to pick out a killer ball under the pressure we exert on teams at our best.

Hope Sterling doesn't bottle it he normal does against the dippers!
Got my ticket in Liverpool end near the away end yikes I will have to sit on my hands!

Him scoring at Anfield for us would be a great final affirmation of the transformation he's had this season.

I detest these fcukers almost as much as the Rags, i'm never that confident when playing at Anfield.
Even though we've had a fantastic season so far i'm still not over confident.
If we show up and play as we can then i believe we'll win but so many City sides don't seem to turn up when playing Liverpool away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.