Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saying that it depends on how Arsenal perform tonight is ludicrous. Are we seriously to believe that a £30 - £40 million pound transfer deal (wages in) has been decided but put on hold until Arsene Wenger knows what they need to do in the Carabao Cup semi final second leg?

I reckon Arsenal are moving on getting a replacement in line before they announce Sanchez is allowed to go so they can quickly bury bad news with good and all at the Emirates can say they've got a good deal.
I reckon it's more about having to release more bad news if the semi-final isn't going their way. Not really to do with the magnitude of the actual match. When Arsenal got knocked out of the FA Cup I knew there was very little chance of them announcing their star man was Leaving this week

At 29 I think there are better players City could go for.

Even though I don’t want you to go in for them because we’re linked with them, Is Lemar or Fekir not better alternatives?

He’d do well in your side no doubt, but for how many years? 1/2?
No? Sanchez is currently better than both and we have Sane amd Sterling long term. What we need right now is for an experienced leader and goal scorer who can play accross the front line and rotate with Kun. Sanchez is perfect for City and even at 29, if he had 2+ years on his contract would be going for £90m in a market where Lukaku is £75m.

I reckon it's more about having to release more bad news if the semi-final isn't going their way. Not really to do with the magnitude of the actual match. When Arsenal got knocked out of the FA Cup I knew there was very little chance of them announcing their star man was Leaving this week

Maybe. Arsenal fans know he's leaving anyway, and have been quite critical of his performances. Getting £20 million for him won't bother them at all if they get someone to replace him. He's not going to sign a new contract.

I can understand people getting hung up by a fee of 20-30 million when he has less than 6 months on his contract, it is mind blowing.

That said, we were prepared to pay £60m just over 4 months ago so it’s all relative of where the market is right now.

Teams would face the prospect of Sane coming off the bench to replace Raheem or Sanchez coming on for Sergio, etc. It’s bad enough for the opposition at the moment, they would be devastated if we crank up our attacking options any further. When Jesus comes back 5 players jostling for the front 3 positions.

Imagine what Pep would do with that firepower if we were a goal behind with half an hour to go!

No? Sanchez is currently better than both and we have Sane amd Sterling long term. What we need right now is for an experienced leader and goal scorer who can play accross the front line and rotate with Kun. Sanchez is perfect for City and even at 29, if he had 2+ years on his contract would be going for £90m in a market where Lukaku is £75m.

Makes sense.

At £35-£40million as well it’s certainly a good deal.

If he did stay at Arsenal during January, I wonder if:

1) We have agreed anything with Arsenal which would guarantee the signing in the summer.

2) Are we in for any other strikers in the meantime?

Something needs to be whatever the outcome because of the injury to Jesus.

Get it done now City!!

If he did stay at Arsenal during January, I wonder if:

1) We have agreed anything with Arsenal which would guarantee the signing in the summer.

2) Are we in for any other strikers in the meantime?

Something needs to be whatever the outcome because of the injury to Jesus.

Get it done now City!!

It wouldn't be any of Arsenal's business, given that he'll be out of contract.

Granted it isn't my money, but I wasn't keen on spending 60mil in the summer. However, 30mil right now with the Jesus injury and the distance we could go in all competitions would be fine by me.

Great chance of getting to the CL QF's min, should get to the Carabao Cup final, league looks very likely and I'd hope for at least an FA Cup semi final.

Sanchez could be the difference between falling short or giving it a right good go for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.