Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
In summer 2012, the rags paid 24 Mil for a 29 year old Robin van Pussy, and they went on to win the league the following season directly thru his contribution. Everyone said then it was a sound investment. I don't see this any different to that deal.

In summer 2012, the rags paid 24 Mil for a 29 year old Robin van Pussy, and they went on to win the league the following season directly thru his contribution. Everyone said then it was a sound investment. I don't see this any different to that deal.
You could also say that Chelsea got a younger Eden Hazard for just over £30m that summer, and they didn't win the league.

Which team was better off in the long run and which signing was better value?

exactly, no difference whatsoever, you could argue we'd be getting an even better deal than that

You could also say that Chelsea got a younger Eden Hazard for just over £30m that summer, and they didn't win the league.

That's the conundrum isn't it? I'd say they both succeeded.

Fair point, but I'd say one purchase was for an immediate affect, and the other a long term investment. In my mind, Sanchez is an immediate solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.