Singing section/Atmosphere

After I got home last night I watched the last 10 minutes of the match.

I was absolutely amazed at how loud and noisy the Bristol City fans were.

Where I stand at the back of 115, and under the overhang, I only heard them briefly throughout the match. I wrkngly thought they were very quiet.

As we know, the stadium is dreadful for noise to travel around it. Unfortunately this can never be fixed

8000 away fans in SS2 and SS3 sounded impressive on the TV. They are killing the home support in cup games.
They were absolutely superb mate. As were Wolves when they came. Less so Burnley but in fairly recent years Sheffield Wednesday were outstanding too.

Is the ground really good at projecting sounds?

I only ask because every time a thread like this pops up people in SS3 say it's bouncing and noisy up there yet it sounds silent from lvl 1, 1894 group say games were atmospheric yet from another part of the ground those same games in SS1 it sporadic and sometimes silent.
even 110/111 which sound noisy seems quieter.

Not saying these places aren't noisy but is it echoing around the ground

Now when the palce is bouncing you can hear it from all angles, but seems like if one area is singing it isn't traveling well around the ground

Where I am in120 a few sing around us including me but not enough.

Also most near me will join in with city songs and players songs but stop once songs about the rags start, unless round derny day.
Anytime any half decent set of fans have tickets in Level 3, even just for normal league games where they get just 3000 tickets, they easily make more noise than our Singing Section.

Then on nights like last night it's just a joke. In terms of atmosphere our Singing Section may as well walk out and go home leaving it empty because that's how much impact they have on the atmosphere when 7000 fans are above them.

I cannot implore enough OUR SINGING SECTION HAS TO MOVE, HAS TO MOVE, HAS TO MOVE!

We must create our own "away" stand at our own ground for our own fans, well away from the actual away fans.

Not a small single tier, not one little block (one of the reasons it's not worked is because it's not worth being part of so thousands who would join a proper stand think "what's the fucking point in joining a pitiful block?!"), a full stand!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anytime any half decent set of fans have tickets in Level 3, even just for normal league games where they get just 3000 tickets, they easily make more noise than our Singing Section.

Then on nights like last night it's just a joke. In terms of atmosphere our Singing Section may as well walk out and go home leaving it empty because that's how much impact they have on the atmosphere when 7000 fans are above them.

I cannot implore enough OUR SINGING SECTION HAS TO MOVE, HAS TO MOVE, HAS TO MOVE!

Yeah I believe you, but where I am in 120 you cannot hear level 3 any game, level 2 when it makes noise, like bristol last night, yes you can hear, but level 3, not a peep, that's why I asked is the extention built to echo sound down, because I cannot hear it down below.

Also not denying the singing section is poor many a game, the atmosphere is dire sometimes.

East stand should be safe seating on level one £15 per game season ticket holders and £20 cityzens stick the away fans in corner up top and reduce the family stand too and move it where them all leaving early isn't so noticable.

Yeah I believe you, but where I am in 120 you cannot hear level 3 any game, level 2 when it makes noise, like bristol last night, yes you can hear, but level 3, not a peep, that's why I asked is the extention built to echo sound down, because I cannot hear it down below.

Also not denying the singing section is poor many a game, the atmosphere is dire sometimes.

East stand should be safe seating on level one £15 per game season ticket holders and £20 cityzens stick the away fans in corner up top and reduce the family stand too and move it where them all leaving early isn't so noticable.
Totally agree.

The club could make the NS lower tier a singing section, but it would end up like the South stand lower tier, with a mixture of singers and non singers.

I honestly don't think there is an appetite from our owner and directors to create a proper single or double tiered NS singing end, similar to the KOP, Stretford End, new Spurs single tier, Yellow Wall at Dortmund, etc. They seem to be happy with the current Family Stand setup.

Hope to be proven wrong. Not holding my breath, though.

We must create our own "away" stand at our own ground for our own fans, well away from the actual away fans.

Not a small single tier, not one little block (one of the reasons it's not worked is because it's not worth being part of so thousands who would join a proper stand think "what's the fucking point in joining a pitiful block?!"), a full stand!

I cannot implore enough OUR SINGING SECTION HAS TO SING, HAS TO SING, HAS TO SING.

People are talking about this as if it's an issue with City alone. The introduction of safe standing and reduced prices would help, but every football club has plenty of quiet games, every football club has frequent empty seats. During CL group stages, people always bang on about Celtic having the best support in the world. Watch them any of time of the year and it's no different to any other ground, along with hundreds of empty seats. Last night was Bristol's biggest game of recent times, hence in the great support.

Regardless of last night the singing section needs improve, its piss poor most games. I sit in east stand 107 and we can rarely hear them much, we try to sing but doesnt follow on so i get that its a bigger problem than just the south stand but they are responsible for getting it going.

I agree with most on here saying away fans should be moved or singing section merged with kippax corner either in northstand or east stand to create a kippax style vibe.

Be careful though, ya can get called a rag for criticising the atmosphere on here.....

They were absolutely superb mate. As were Wolves when they came. Less so Burnley but in fairly recent years Sheffield Wednesday were outstanding too.

Let's face it it's their big day out nowadays isn't it. Always going to be better. Some of those Bristol City fans have probably not been to an away game since they last had a draw like this.

Based on this seasons results there seems to be little correlation betweeen winning and singing anyway.

Considering this is still being debated, I really hope some of you will join in on our singing section for Basel at home. We are all good lads and possess a potential solution for atmosphere. More than happy to answer any questions as well if you see us about. You can apply for the singing section here:
https://www.1894groupmcfc.co.uk/singingsection

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.