City v Bristol City 1st leg post match

Just watched the game again and there were errors across the side, some forced, too many unforced but I don't think it was a bad as this place makes out.

Bristol did press selectively and effectively at times but we cut them apart for our first goal by bypassing the press and then when they had the bus parked we tired them out and scored again.

They did well on the whole without the ball & also had a few decent attacks, but it's bizarre reading some of the so called 'experts' view on various games as 'the way to beat City' as we have had it said about every method used so far. Pressing us is 'ths way to beat City' sitting back & parking the bus is 'the way to beat City' & the only team to actually beat City, was Shakhtar, who did it by playing better than us, on the night.

These dickheads in the media are desperate to find a secret formula that renders us impotent & there is not a chance in fucking hell of that happening. We will slip up here & there by a team grafting it out or luck or bad reffing or sometimes, someone will play better on the day than we did.

But that doesn't mean some other fucker can just do the same & beat us the week after.

I saw this post after I submitted mine, so I will bite. He is fucking awful and the only reason I can think of that he played over Tosin is the hope that some Italian club will perhaps take on an extra 5% of his wages when he goes on loan with an option to buy. It's one thing to get yourself into trouble like he did on the build-up to the penalty, but to not just make a professional foul and concede the free kick is absolutely brainless (which he is BTW).
no central defender plays well without a run in the team, and the reason he played over Tosin is, Tosin is right sided just like Stones who needed game time to get up to speed and both are shit on the left, Pep chose to give Ottamendi a break in a game he was not needed, just like your whinge about KDB

lots of whingers on this thread, so just a question does anybody think that city side will not go to Bristol and win easily?

I suspect, no, I know you are absolutely spot on Mr Leftfoot. We don't pretend to be a big club, we visited one last night so we know what it means but we're aspiring to be better, that's all. I won't lower myself to their level by criticising them on your forum but say thanks for your hospitality, wish you good luck in all the other competitions and here's to an absolute rip snorter at our place in 2 weeks.

In what way was Yaya awful? I saw him sat in midfield, always showing for the ball and nearly always finding a blue shirt.

Mangala and Stones both fucked up for the penalty but that aside, were hardly the disaster being painted by some on here.

Gundogan played well enough and remember him against Burnley were he got similar criticism and his contribution then?

Bernardo again was always available for the ball and a world class ball helped us to win the game so again, not great?

Good job we didn’t play Arsenal or Chelsea? I keep reading rubbish like this. We didn’t play them did we? We played Bristol City and beat them 2-1 so what’s your problem and why try to create and non existent scenario or argument?

It’s similar to the “play like that 2nd leg and we are out” bollocks.

Play like that we win the game again no doubt and go through.

Horses for courses......
Spot.On. fucking flappers slagging off the lads with a rag-like sense of entitlement.

Mangala may have an awful first touch, a prime requisite for Pep, but he is not a pub player just old school, and that just about sums your post up as drivel
Mangala is garbage and to say it's his first touch. It's more than that. The sooner he is replaced the better, 30 odd million, total waste of money. As for old school, what's that supposed to mean.

Mangala is garbage and to say it's his first touch. It's more than that. The sooner he is replaced the better, 30 odd million, total waste of money. As for old school, what's that supposed to mean.

Mangala had a poor game but without Elia heading away corners against Brostol’s tall centre back it might have been a draw.

Did you watch his performances against Spurs and coming on against the rag?

lots of whingers on this thread, so just a question does anybody think that city side will not go to Bristol and win easily?
MUST be the strongest team possible, regardless of the weekend games. No reason to potentially throw away a trophy for the sake of resting a few players for an extra day or two. We are approaching the business end of the season and there will be days for rest between now and the big games, but WE HAVE MADE the return fixture a very big game!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.