Liverpool (Away) - Pre Match Thread

Liverpool v City prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checked and b4 is correct it is on Talk Sport.
Talksport via the tune in radio app works fine for me abroad (unlike BBC) so you should be ok. Recently I've avoided the score all together though and watched the game in full on my phone on the website "full matches and shows". Full recording of the game appears almost immediately and sometimes the first half goes up before the game has even finished.

Don't think I've ever been this laid back for a game against Liverpool. Not like the game in 2012. My biggest hope is that we go there and give the sort of performance we're capable of just in case anyone gets big ideas.

Me too.....although I still think we’ll lose if Klippetty opts for blitzkrieg rather than the chicken shit bus parking he went for last year. It’s unquestionably our toughest remaining game, not least because they’re so bitter it’s become their cup final

is the book open yet on first red card?

I'm going for Ederson after five minutes for time wasting...
Their crowd will be all over the ref all game no doubt for the "robbery" at the Etihad when Mané was "sent off because of Ederson".

If we can get this Anfield hoodoo off our backs by pasting them this year, then it will make the same fixture next year a little less daunting and then the next and so on. Hopefully the players haven't built up this massive obstacle in their heads like most of the fans have, as that would be giving up an advantage before a ball is kicked.

The thing that fills me with more confidence this time around is, we've already shown we can rip up the script with these hoodoos by going to a much better side in Napoli with a much longer record that no English side has managed to overcome by beating them on their own turf... Anfield who?

Last edited:
Read this forum multiple times a day for many years.

Rarely post, but this VVD nonsense, do me a favour. Sooooo happy we missed out.

Apparently he is guaranteeing Victimpool top 4. Arrogant with not much to back it up with to say the least.

Not in John's league.

Read this forum multiple times a day for many years.

Rarely post, but this VVD nonsense, do me a favour. Sooooo happy we missed out.

Apparently he is guaranteeing Victimpool top 4. Arrogant with not much to back it up with to say the least.

Not in John's league.

I spoke to a man I have known 30 years today who is a well respected football coach at a good level. I said I was worried about vvd. He told me he was technically very poor and in his words a mile behind stones and Otamendi. In spite of watching city over a thousand times and watching several games a week my technical judgment of a player is poor and I was made up when he said this as I totally respect his opinion.

The last time we beat these at anfield I was on the way to my mate's to listen on radio as we were skint. Found £25 on the pavement on the way round, thought we might as well have a couple of pints watching it in the pub. Went to the bookies next door and put a fiver on hedgehunter to win the national at 10/1 and Kiki musampa scored a late winner. I enjoyed that day.

To be fair, Van Dijk is a better defender than Stones and an equally good if not better footballer. Luckily for us we have Fernandinho to protect the back four.

Where is the evidence that VD is a better defender or footballer ? VD played in a one team league at Celtic and then moved to a mid table team in Southampton his national side where he is the main man in defence have been a joke , and he has barely played a handful of games since January because of injury. Stones has been part of an England team that cruised to the world cup finals , he has been the best defender in a team that is running away with the premier league , and he has scored several goals against some very good european teams in champions league (not a shitty Everton side like VD). The media as usual rate a player on the transfer fee similar to Carlton Pogba , because they cost a few bob they must be good , neither would get in our first eleven , the Dippers and Rags just paid far too much for the players.

Think you had more than a couple of pints. Anelka scored with a late pen the last time we won at Anfield. Musampa scored a late winner in a later game at the Etihad.
The last time we beat these at anfield I was on the way to my mate's to listen on radio as we were skint. Found £25 on the pavement on the way round, thought we might as well have a couple of pints watching it in the pub. Went to the bookies next door and put a fiver on hedgehunter to win the national at 10/1 and Kiki musampa scored a late winner. I enjoyed that day.

Me too.....although I still think we’ll lose if Klippetty opts for blitzkrieg rather than the chicken shit bus parking he went for last year. It’s unquestionably our toughest remaining game, not least because they’re so bitter it’s become their cup final
I would rather it be their cup final as their cup finals haven't turned out so well under Klopp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.