Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely City have known for a long time what Sanchez's financial demands are. More like his agents demands trying to drive City up by playing us off against United and us then sensibly saying - up to you Alexis. Come where you said you want to be for the money you know we will pay or go where your agent says for a few dollars more.

Right move and noting - if we save the £50 million plus now it will go on someone big and younger than Sanchez in the Summer so he won't get a second chance then.

Entirely the right stance. And his choice now.
There is another angle. Think back to 3 weeks ago & Southampton spinning reports of a £75m bid from City being accepted for VVD. LFC's arses went & they paid the world record fee for an excellent defender, when by all accounts City made it clear it was £60m limit for VVD, take it or leave it.

We've been nailed on for RVP, Isco & Alves, & all of them fell through for various reasons. City can easily afford Sanchez, but NOT at this moment with FFP & another desperately needed CB to consider.

Arsenal probably know this, so are in the position of knowing, we need Sanchez as much as they need the money & his replacement signed.

Alas, whatever happens we'll roll on regardless. Missing out on RVP & Isco taught me not to get too twisted about transfers. If it happens, then great. If not, we move on.

There is another angle. Think back to 3 weeks ago & Southampton spinning reports of a £75m bid from City being accepted for VVD. LFC's arses went & they paid the world record fee for an excellent defender, when by all accounts City made it clear it was £60m limit for VVD, take it or leave it.

We've been nailed on for RVP, Isco & Alves, & all of them fell through for various reasons. City can easily afford Sanchez, but NOT at this moment with FFP & another desperately needed CB to consider.

Arsenal probably know this, so are in the position of knowing, we need Sanchez as much as they need the money & his replacement signed.

Alas, whatever happens we'll roll on regardless. Missing out on RVP & Isco taught me not to get too twisted about transfers. If it happens, then great. If not, we move on.
Great post yeah logically im not bothered strengthen in the summer if we have to.

I don't get this FFP hurdle regarding Sanchez. If that was the case, how come we could afford to pay £60 million for him back in the summer but can't afford to pay £30 million for him now? That makes no sense whatsoever. More likely we're just haggling with Arsenal over the fee given that he's a free agent in about 5 months or so. Personally, I'd just pay the £30 million as I think that's a fair price half way through the season and is half what we offered in the summer but maybe City feel they can get him cheaper than that.

I don't get this FFP hurdle regarding Sanchez. If that was the case, how come we could afford to pay £60 million for him back in the summer but can't afford to pay £30 million for him now? That makes no sense whatsoever. More likely we're just haggling with Arsenal over the fee given that he's a free agent in about 5 months or so. Personally, I'd just pay the £30 million as I think that's a fair price half way through the season and is half what we offered in the summer but maybe City feel they can get him cheaper than that.

because we also want to buy a CB without having the £20m on the table for Mangala from Palace in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.