Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would hate to piss on anyone's bonfire here but Jesus is back in 2-3 weeks http://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...gue/11204765/jesus-back-in-two-to-three-weeks. On the assumption that this transfer will probably drag out until the end of January or until Arsenal get a replacement which might not happen again. The question is do we really need him right now coming in and unsettling the side? Personally I would sign him in then summer for free which means that the player gets big fat signing on fee and we save a packet.

Before anyone jumps all over me I think the rag story is B.S and the player himself has made it quite clear who he wants to sign for.

Winter Is Coming" is the motto of House Stark, one of the Great Houses of Westeros. The meaning behind these words is one of warning and constant vigilance. The Starks, being the lords of the North, strive to always be prepared for the coming of winter, which hits their lands the hardest.

?
we have to prepare for the great difficulty ahead, which in our case may be united bidding for sanchez. they might be serious for him but they might just be helping the arsenal and sanchez camp get more money.

Why are people finding it so difficult to understand that we're not willing to taken advantage of, in terms of money? The man is free in 6 months, anything over £25mil is silly money.
Tbf the club did pay 27 million for a donkey a few years back

Never could see Arsenal selling for 20 million even with 6 months left after rejecting 60 million in the summer. Dressing room squabbles aside they could plummet if he leaves as their squad is that average.

The thing that concerns me is we know Arsenal have a special relationship with United. Clearly they were behind the FFPR and they've got history with RVP so if they can't get him to re-sign I think they'll do everything to get him to the swamp.

I don't agree.

Arsenal helping to improve a team in the mix for the remaining top 3 places is just stupid, even for Arsenal .

( assuming that we don't lose a shit load of games between now and end of season )

I am really unconcerned with this. Would be thrilled if we got him but if we don't we're 15 points up on the league and will get someone else in the summer, no big deal. Do you guys think Bayern would give a shit if a player decided to go to Dortmund instead? If he goes to United we shouldn't either, it's not like he's a trancendant 22 year old who will be around for a decade.

Afternoon all,just a little reminder(for a minority....) of the CoC.

- Don't needlessly flap or overreact to things, particularly in the Matchday and Transfer forums. Football's obviously an emotive game, but there's no need for hysterical overreactions. It doesn't solve anything, and tends to cause arguments.

- Wumming/trolling won't be tolerated.

Cheers :-)

Why are people finding it so difficult to understand that we're not willing to taken advantage of, in terms of money? The man is free in 6 months, anything over £25mil is silly money.

It is only silly if Sanchez point blank refuses to sign for anyone other than City. If he does, then we are playing a blinder. If however, he goes to United, we will have made a huge miscalculation. Sanchez is worth far more than £25m in any normal situation and if we miss out on him, it will cost us far more than £25m to purchase a comparable player in the summer. We lost out on Alvez and as others have pointed out, it hasn't impacted us on the field but off it, it cost us an additional £27m. If something similar happens with Sanchez, it surely has to have an impact on our transfer budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.