Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we were in for only Sanchez, then I don’t think there would be an issue, but we look to be in for 2 other players, Seri from Nice, and Fred from Shaktar, both touted in the 40-£45m range, and there is this issue of now, or a summer signings for both these players as well.
The talks with agents and clubs will be a constantly evolving scenario as Jan progresses, who can we get now? who do we need now?
We have apparently made a take it or leave it offer for Sanchez, his agent will try to get more, we are midpoint through Jan, so it looks like there will be a Mexican ( Chilean?) stand off for week or so until we get into the final week of Jan.
I think Sanchez wants to come to City, he has the chance of picking up a Prem winners medal, something he would not get at Arsenal, (and doubtful anywhere else) not to mention all the other competitions we are still in, then there is the agent trying to boost his payday by pulling in other suitors, to creat artificial pressure, City are seemingly confident that Sanchez only wants City, and so are refusing to fall for the agents bluff.
The decision will ultimately fall to Sanchez

Spot on. I mentioned this a few years back about how City went backwards under Pellegrini and sold good players such as Tevez and De Jong for example and then brought in the likes of Bony and Fernando.

You can't rest on your laurels and the biggest mistake we could make is getting complacent and taking the foot off the gas. This team is on the verge of something very special, we need to keep freshening this group of players up and continuing to add players to it of the highest quality. Our fans may think that nobody will touch us even if we don't sign anyone this January or next season, but you never know. We all thought as soon as Mancini won the league we would kick on and build a dynasty and as you say, Utd won the league comfortably the season after because they went out and bought quality over quantity. As good as our manager is, as good as our team are playing right now, we need to keep putting our foot down on the accelerator. Making sure we buy Sanchez will only push the chasing pack further away from us. We can't afford to let other teams bridge the gap, we did the same with Van Persie, we did the same with Eden Hazard, lets make sure we get this Sanchez deal done and dusted.

I do however think that we are red hot favourites for him, but you never know in football. Money shouts.
Too much sense in one post. There are some signings that you don't loose out on let alone allow your opposition get their hands on. If things pan out the way it's being reported right now in the media, we have another Isco and Hazard occurrence in our hands. I know they were a lot younger than Sanchez is now but the effect may be just as decisive.

If we had bit the bullet and landed Hazard, we would have consolidated our position amongst the top clubs in the league and avoided Chelsea landing their most influential player in half a decade.

Its all good to say we are flying and all that but if we become complacent, there's every chance that some club will come competing again.

Spot on. I mentioned this a few years back about how City went backwards under Pellegrini and sold good players such as Tevez and De Jong for example and then brought in the likes of Bony and Fernando.

You can't rest on your laurels and the biggest mistake we could make is getting complacent and taking the foot off the gas. This team is on the verge of something very special, we need to keep freshening this group of players up and continuing to add players to it of the highest quality. Our fans may think that nobody will touch us even if we don't sign anyone this January or next season, but you never know. We all thought as soon as Mancini won the league we would kick on and build a dynasty and as you say, Utd won the league comfortably the season after because they went out and bought quality over quantity. As good as our manager is, as good as our team are playing right now, we need to keep putting our foot down on the accelerator. Making sure we buy Sanchez will only push the chasing pack further away from us. We can't afford to let other teams bridge the gap, we did the same with Van Persie, we did the same with Eden Hazard, lets make sure we get this Sanchez deal done and dusted.

I do however think that we are red hot favourites for him, but you never know in football. Money shouts.

This myth that somehow not bending over and dropping our pants for Arsenal right now means we are somehow getting “complacent” is really starting to irritate me.

Really glad you lot aren’t running our club. And why can you not get it through your heads that he is out of contract at year end and could come on a free? That’s one of the only incontrovertible facts we have at our disposal. If you can’t understand that this might impact what we choose to pay now to rent him for an extra six months, you are beyond help.

Last edited:
This myth that somehow not bending over and dropping our pants for Arsenal right now means we are somehow getting “complacent” is really starting to irritate me.

I agree. I mean, it's not irritating me as such, but you are right - we are handling this exactly as we should, and exactly as it was reported we would months ago. Arsenal pissed us around and pissed us off in the summer, I recall reading our preference after that was to wait until summer and take him for free or at most pay 20m in January because their behaviour should not be rewarded. That's exactly what we are doing.

If United come in with one of their typically ridiculous offers so be it. If Arsenal are stupid enough to sell their best player to a team that they are in a scrap for top four with, so be it. If Alexis chooses to go there that's his loss. We've shown with Pogba and Van Dijk that we won't get involved in anything nonsensical. Isn't our record transfer fee something like 50m for KDB? United were paying 30m for defenders 15 years ago. We aren't the ones paying insane prices, despite what people want everyone to believe (although I am sure we would for the right player - he just hasn't come along yet).

Just because we can afford something doesn't mean we have to be stupid enough to pay any price. Leave that to the desperate and the stupid (both of which have been us in the past, but not any more). Love Alexis but he's 29 and out of contract in less than six months, and if we don't buy him now we'll either get him for free or buy someone younger in the summer.

Wouldn't put it past the rags, since that's basically Ed Woodward's MO. They were paying a 35 yr old Zlatan 350K /week a year ago. It's important ti understand that not all players are loyal. Most would switch sides or forget the allure the of trophies if they're getting 300K or 400K a week. I doubt we'll go that high.
Didn't Sanchez turn down that kind of Money from PSG & ask for closer to £5-£600k net pw?

Just seen a snippet from the Mirror, that's saying Sanchez is to snub the Rags, and wants to join City. Now, if
this is true it really does show you how much this team has progressed, for a player to turn down more money
from Man Utd to join City, would be a major coup for this club. Plus the loss of face for the Rags in what would be
a brilliant PR victory, the tide of astonishment and excitement in the media, and the sickening, dawning reality visited
on the fans, that their club is now an also ran, will be a joy to behold.
Fingers crossed ;)

I agree. I mean, it's not irritating me as such, but you are right - we are handling this exactly as we should, and exactly as it was reported we would months ago. Arsenal pissed us around and pissed us off in the summer, I recall reading our preference after that was to wait until summer and take him for free or at most pay 20m in January because their behaviour should not be rewarded. That's exactly what we are doing.

If United come in with one of their typically ridiculous offers so be it. If Arsenal are stupid enough to sell their best player to a team that they are in a scrap for top four with, so be it. If Alexis chooses to go there that's his loss. We've shown with Pogba and Van Dijk that we won't get involved in anything nonsensical. Isn't our record transfer fee something like 50m for KDB? United were paying 30m for defenders 15 years ago. We aren't the ones paying insane prices, despite what people want everyone to believe (although I am sure we would for the right player - he just hasn't come along yet).

Just because we can afford something doesn't mean we have to be stupid enough to pay any price. Leave that to the desperate and the stupid (both of which have been us in the past, but not any more). Love Alexis but he's 29 and out of contract in less than six months, and if we don't buy him now we'll either get him for free or buy someone younger in the summer.
Brilliant post!
I agree with the fact that we can't get comlacent, and we do need add more quality in the summer But as good as it would be to have Sanchez now, I'm happy that we're not going to bend over for Arsenal. They made their bed when they fannied about last summer.

Standing back & looking at this from an emotionless point of view, something has made even more sense. Moureen.

He's spent a shit load of dough since he's been at the bus station. He won the 'Treble' last season & was 'running away' with the league for the first 2 months of this season, leading to expectations that he'd continue his record of winning the league within his first 2 seasons at the several clubs he's managed.

However, ManUre's fantastic start to this season was more down to the fact they'd played none of the usual contenders in the first 8 weeks. BUT as soon as ManUre had to face their main challengers, their fortunes changed & the real Moureen came out to play. The style of football he's chosen when the going got tougher, has brought a hail of criticism, which led to Moureen reverting to his customary diversionary tactics.

Wenger: A serial loser

Klopp: I'll pay attention to him when his record matches mine

Conte: Makes excuses about injuries

Guardiola: Spent the type of money on defenders that normal clubs would spend on star strikers

Conte: A match fixing cheat

ManUre: They've not supported me in the transfer market, so I can compete with City

Sanchez: The January transfer window isn't usually of interest to us, BUT when the chance to buy a special player presents itself, we have to be interested.

There is a classic pattern of diversionary mind games. He's not having it all his own way this season, so he's defaulted to trying to get inside his opponents minds to eke out any advantage he can.

So to Sanchez. He knows Sanchez to City was nailed on, but Arsenal being stubborn regarding their valuation has presented Moureen with a further opportunity to divert & subvert.

Before ManUre threw their cap in the ring, Arsenal were just dealing with City. Now ManUre are seemingly in the picture, they have split our attention from the Sanchez transfer & more importantly, Liverpool on Sunday!

If Sanchez really is that desperate to get away from the Emirates, that he'll consider more money from ManUre for an early exit, Moureen gains the player, & a psychological advantage over City.

If ManUre's late appearance drives up the price for Sanchez & we pay it, he affected us financially & psychologically.

If his interference makes Arsenal dig their heels in & Sanchez decides to sit it out until the summer, we don't strengthen our squad further & have less game changing & player cover & rotation options for the remainder of this season.

Regardless of what happens, the steaming lump of dog shit that is Moureen has put himself in our faces in an attempt to derail us somehow.

I really want Sanchez here, but there is a principle I'm willing to stand by. If Sanchez was in contract, he'd be worth between £80m - £100m in today's grossly inflated market. We could take a view that an additional £15m is a small price to pay for a genuinely world class player.

However there is also the principle of a man's word. Nasri wanted to fuck off last season & this season he wanted to return. For me he was our best player by far in pre-season, but on principle, we told him to leave because when we wanted him to stay in 2016, he turned his back on us.

Alves reneged on a gentleman's agreement to come here this season, only to start flashing his eyelids at us 3 months later when he realised what the French league, with a dominant PSG & prima donna Neymar is all about. On principle, Alves is now dead to us.

I feel the same about Sanchez. As promised we came back for him in January, but if he chooses the Rags over us, then fuck him. We move on, never to look at him again.

As it stands, my personal opinion is that the issue is with Arsenal. There seems to be a general acceptance that they will sell Sanchez, but only for what they consider the right money.

The reality is that this transfer comes down to 2 parties, Arsenal & Sanchez. We've stated our position to both parties & it's now up to Arsenal to accept what we're offering, hope another club offers more & Sanchez goes, or they can utilise his services until May & lose him for fuck all.

As for me? Right now I'm more arsed about Liverpool on Sunday, as should we all. If Sanchez happens, it happens, if it doesn't, it doesn't. The world will continue to spin either way, & and night will continue to follow day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.