Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to the Swamp is the worst option for Sanchez!!

Certainly not the worst. If City is not going to pay up whatever is required and Sanchez is desperate to leave Arsenal in Jan, then what next is his best option in the PL ?
United - ridiculous Zlatan level wages + regular first XI. He won't get that at either Liverpool/Chelsea.

I expected to wake up to deafening noise from every news outlet that Sanchez had/was on the verge of signing for United, alas it's all quiet on the Old Toilet Front.

If United agree to £400k pw for Sanchez then they are announcing to the world that they have to pay Chinese wages to attract talent.

Do you mean briefed them to say £20m was the only amount we would pay Ric?

The gist of it was that City won't overpay for Sanchez, they're not worried about him going to United - if he chooses that, then so be it - and they won't begin to panic about United's interest.

The gist of it was that City won't overpay for Sanchez, they're not worried about him going to United - if he chooses that, then so be it - and they won't begin to panic about United's interest.

My understanding is our offer has been made and it is up to Arsenal to accept or reject it. United may put in a higher one but Alexis may reject it in favour of joining City in the summer still. As each day passes, Arsenal may start to sweat and then accept our bid.

If it was all about money he'd be at PSG by now. One thing I wonder is whether Sánchez has cooled on City. Does he feel we could have done more in the summer to get him? After all we only approached Arsenal with a firm offer a week before the window closed.

I don't rate an attacking player because of poor form under Mourinho. Mkhi's problems started right from last year's derby at OT, when he was criticized for not closing down Kolarov for KDB goal. He will have less defensive duties and more freedom in Wenger's side, which could allow him to perform to his Dortmund levels. Of course we don't need him, but we are talking of Arsene here who may find him as a decent replacement.
I agree, I think the idea Mourinho ruins all his players is madness, I certainly don't think all his players have gotten worse but I do think Mkhitaryan is poor, irrespective of coach.

I think he could have gone to Spurs, Arsenal, Juventus, you name it and he would have struggled. I do not see an exceptional talent in him and wouldn't back him to recover his Bundesliga form while he is in the Premier League.

Think it's simply up to the player, if he wants good money and a PL title medal he'll come to us this month, if he's more interested in the money then he'll wait until the end of the season and take the best offer. I'm not really arsed about him tbh, now we know Gab is not going to be out much longer we don't need to hit the panic button, I also think him being at city could hamper Sane's development
I think Sanchez would prefer Pep, all other things being equal. I think his agent wants to squeeze the best financial package out of the buying club, and will be trying to convince him to accept the United bid.

If we show no flexibility, he may be convinced to settle for United. Personally I think it would be a shame because he will strengthen any side he joins and could make a difference in the CL.

(What price rubbing Arsenal's face in the dirt for messing us around in the summer? Seems a bit petty to me, but some treat negotiations like a game.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.