La Liga 2017/18

We should be after Guedes if he's available. Hope PSG will sell to Valencia as rumoured, they'll make a good profit in 1-2 years by selling to City :) Of all young talents he's the closest to 'next Cristiano' definition.

Edit: just realised that PSG have 'next R9' (Mbappe), 'next Messi' (Neymar) and 'next Cristiano' (Guedes). Even Madrid should be jealous.

Last edited:
Guedes is a terrific prospect, remarkable from all his shot attempts vs Depo the only goal scored was one the keeper made a mess of

Tbf, Zidane has surpassed all possible expectations, was more than decent, and picturing him as some clueless but 'lucky' coach is unfair. He's clever, humble and knows modern football well unlike some former players-now managers. Not a genius, but he knows his limits. Think ZZ has a great career ahead. As I said earlier, if he gets France job I can see him becoming one of the world's most decorated managers.

I don't envy Barca as they have terrible mafia at the helm. Coutinho deal was most probably money-laundering scheme, no sane administator would sanction that transfer. They're becoming a circus, just like Madrid. No more cruyffian mentality, that's sad.
I agree completely. Zizou is a good coach who is still unexperienced enough but has the skills to have a great career. The only thing i dont like is that he is too Ancelotti-like coach so far. He obviously uses a lot ot the Italian's methodic in training and preparations for games, wich is a good thing for a while at a top club but soon after all is falling appart. Zidane showed in his preparation to become coach that he is open to explore different things (he went to watch and learn from Pep's Bayern) but as an actual manager he is still too conservative..

I agree completely. Zizou is a good coach who is still unexperienced enough but has the skills to have a great career. The only thing i dont like is that he is too Ancelotti-like coach so far. He obviously uses a lot ot the Italian's methodic in training and preparations for games, wich is a good thing for a while at a top club but soon after all is falling appart. Zidane showed in his preparation to become coach that he is open to explore different things (he went to watch and learn from Pep's Bayern) but as an actual manager he is still too conservative..

Agree, Zidane's general tactical approach seems to be taken straight from Pep's Bayern, it's quite obvious. That wingplay with deep circulation of the ball is easily recognizable, though using Modric and Kroos in fullback areas was quite an unorthodox move. But unlike Guardiola, ZZ was unable to install coherent pressing system, Madrid were very vulnerable to counters last season.

As for his similarity with Italians, interesting opinion. What particular elements do you think ZZ has taken from the likes of Ancelotti? 'Laissez faire' approach to attacking movements?

Malaga have appointed yet another manager in Jose Gonzalez. I think they’re down this season. A sad example of a bored wealthy man’s toy he no longer cares for.

Agree, Zidane's general tactical approach seems to be taken straight from Pep's Bayern, it's quite obvious. That wingplay with deep circulation of the ball is easily recognizable, though using Modric and Kroos in fullback areas was quite an unorthodox move. But unlike Guardiola, ZZ was unable to install coherent pressing system, Madrid were very vulnerable to counters last season.

As for his similarity with Italians, interesting opinion. What particular elements do you think ZZ has taken from the likes of Ancelotti? 'Laissez faire' approach to attacking movements?
Probably more of a Laissez faire approach to training and fitness which is why they can't press.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.