Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gone on for far too long. If Sanchez was that adamant on joining Pep and City, then the transfer would have been done and dusted ages ago. I mean compare this to Mendy's transfer. Juventus and Chelsea were supposedly interested and when they tried to reach out to Monaco, they were told that there was no point. That's an example where you can say "yes the player only wants to join one club". Yeah Sanchez's preference is City, but only if the club meet his demands, Arsenal's expected fee and the agent's commission. That's a fuck load of ifs and buts. We've players in the squad who've paid out of their pocket to come to City (Fernandinho) and some world class players who've never agitated for a pay raise and are happy with whatever the club pays them (Silva, Aguero), but supposedly this Madonna has got a hundred demands before he signs a contract. Fuck that attitude. Don't want players at the club who are looking for one final pay day and some free trophies. If you believe you're world class, then get in the first team, prove your worth and you'll get a raise in a year's time. The club has shown more than once that they have no problem in rewarding players who are actually performing. Just look at KdB's renewed contract details. I hope the club doesn't fold and maintains this stance. We're paying a very competitive salary, are the best team in the prem and have a good chance to win multiple trophies. Sign if you want that or get the fuck out. Don't drag the club in the mud with daily bullshit rumours.

Yep just wonder if the club and pep have been put off with all the demands. We all know you only cross Pep once.

So nothing new then.
No confirmed choice.
People are still flapping.
And are now slagging Sancez off even before he makes his decision public.
Some City fans are pathetic!
No doubt you lot already slagging him off will be lording him if he picks City and not United.
PM me when he's made his choice.
Joke of a thread at times!

Summed up perfectly.
I would also add to the list grown men/women biting at made up shit in the Sun, Mirror and no mark tweeters

United trying buy top four. Lol.
I was not too bothered in the summer if we bought Sanchez but seens as its man u and all these ex man u players are being rolled out telling us what a great man u signing he would be - I want us to sign him to shut them up.

People are making an awful lot of assumptions about what Sanchez might choose, and what his motivations for doing so might be. I don’t think anything has been decided yet.

Correct. Nobody on here really knows what is going on behind the scenes. What we do know is that Arsenal will not sell until a replacement has been signed. That has been the same since the summer. They have not yet signed a replacement. Therefore we just have to sit tight for now.

Gone on for far too long. If Sanchez was that adamant on joining Pep and City, then the transfer would have been done and dusted ages ago. I mean compare this to Mendy's transfer. Juventus and Chelsea were supposedly interested and when they tried to reach out to Monaco, they were told that there was no point. That's an example where you can say "yes the player only wants to join one club". Yeah Sanchez's preference is City, but only if the club meet his demands, Arsenal's expected fee and the agent's commission. That's a fuck load of ifs and buts. We've players in the squad who've paid out of their pocket to come to City (Fernandinho) and some world class players who've never agitated for a pay raise and are happy with whatever the club pays them (Silva, Aguero), but supposedly this Madonna has got a hundred demands before he signs a contract. Fuck that attitude. Don't want players at the club who are looking for one final pay day and some free trophies. If you believe you're world class, then get in the first team, prove your worth and you'll get a raise in a year's time. The club has shown more than once that they have no problem in rewarding players who are actually performing. Just look at KdB's renewed contract details. I hope the club doesn't fold and maintains this stance. We're paying a very competitive salary, are the best team in the prem and have a good chance to win multiple trophies. Sign if you want that or get the fuck out. Don't drag the club in the mud with daily bullshit rumours.
I agree with you if that's his attitude but I don't think it necessarily is. It could be that but this is Arsenal we'redealing with. The club that offered a single 1 pound to Suarez's buy out clause. The club that fannied about in the summer to try and save a few extra pennies on the Lemar deal that they ended up missing out on. He's still under contract at Arsenal whether he wants to come to City or not. They'll drag the arse out of it if they think they can get an extra 30 quid at the end of the window. Personally, I really hope they do that and no deal ends up being done, so he walks free in 4 months time with them getting f*ck all.

So Sanchez can terminate his own contract is what your saying
Can you can quote a reputable source
What are they?

Correct. Nobody on here really knows what is going on behind the scenes. What we do know is that Arsenal will not sell until a replacement has been signed. That has been the same since the summer. They have not yet signed a replacement. Therefore we just have to sit tight for now.

Exactly I will only believe this when I see it announced on the official site and he is holding up a blue shirt :)

I was not too bothered in the summer if we bought Sanchez but seens as its man u and all these ex man u players are being rolled out telling us what a great man u signing he would be - I want us to sign him to shut them up.
Agreed. It's just tbe shit we get for spending.

Two faced ****s.

There is no way to spin this that if we miss out on him it isn't a major blow to the club.

Personally I was pretty ambivalent about him coming. nice if he did but not really bothered either way.

HOWEVER this is someone pep and the club has been chasing for years(MP tried to sign him)and for him to end up at united would suck irrespective of the cost to them.

Yes I get every player has a price, but that's now 2 players that Pep has basically begged the club to sign in 6months that they haven't been able to close out the deal on, if Sanchez doesn't sign.

I am sorry but I disagree completely

City have spent the last few years moving away from the "pay them what they want" "sell them the project" mentality. We are now at the more mature phase which is if they want to play for us it will be on our terms. To go and give huge money to his agent and to the player would undermine that whole ethos and would lead to a queue of players outside the managers door saying more for me please boss if he is worth that I must be worth more than what I have been offered

IMHO Sanchez would be a nice to have and is not a need to have. He is 29 seeking his last major pay check and from that twitter photo it would seem he has a lot of people who may be dependent on him for their living so I understand that he might need to do the best thing for them. But lets be certain here this is purely about moving for money something that our detractors have always said about our players so if he does go anywhere else it can only be about money no matter what anyone else says

Has he ever said he wants to link up with Pep again, it seems widely reported, anyone have a link to an interview or article ?
This is a very good point. There's a massive difference between "I like Pep and would enjoy playing under him" and "It's Pep or bust". Just look at any of the interviews given by KdB, Mendy, Gundo, Stones, Dinho or Bernie. You see these guys talking about Pep and you can feel that enthusiasm and admiration bursting from them, like it's their dream to learn from him. Then there's the other set of players who are in the former category, like Laporte, Alves and, I don't want to jump the gun here, but maybe Sanchez too - who like Pep, but they're not starstruck like some other lads. And you know the common thread in this? Personal agreements with the second category of players has historically been easy as fuck, it's only the clubs we had to negotiate with. I think we all know how negotiations with the first category of players turned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.