Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have had everything running so smooth this season that we have forgot what it feels like to take a punch, if this is true. As for the player if he has agreed with Pep that he wants to join and then does an about turn based on money when he would have been earning plenty anyway, then maybe his character is not one we want.

The only other thought is that he is concerned about being in a team where he will be rotated and wants as he has at Arsenal and Chile a guarantee he will play every minute. The downside for him is that the less rotation and rest he gets the more injuries and wear and tear he will have. This will ultimately reduce his ability to play at his best level for a long period.

As he is an intensive player he may feel he can only do that for a couple of years playing all the time and wants a huge contract to offset that. If he gets a 4yr contract on 400k a week and then loses his impact after a couple of years he is in a win/win situation

so be it if he goes somewhere else. We’ll survive and it will say a lot about his commitment after wanting us for months he suddenly decides to join united or Liverpool. It will show he lacks true focus and that’s not what we look for in our players, we want fighters so let’s see what he decides

Literally the only thing that has been reported today is that the rags are "thought to be ahead." If that's all it takes for you lot to give up then I'm glad your not negotiating

Precisely. It’s obviously not what people want to hear, but it was only on Thursday/Friday that this whole thing took a complete u-turn.

City could decicde to up the anti today or tomorrow and the whole thing could be flipped on it’s head again by Monday.

Until we have reliable sources definitively saying it’s a done deal, rather than saying United are ahead, this is still up in the air.

Not sure if it's martin

U know they will never run out of money... It's about squad harmony as well which Pep wants...kdb is going to renew his contract soon hopefully and even his improved salary is not close to what united are offering off Sanchez now...u think Sanchez deserves more than kdb ?

Anyway I hope we can get Sanchez , because he will give a great chance for the champions league

You find me a cheaper alternative to Sanchez... I will wait all day.

No, if he wants cash, he can fuck off.

If he wants football, he can sign for City.

That is rich coming from City fans.

Lets just remember where we came from.

If it was all about football, why did Messi and Ronaldo sign a ridiculous contract with their respective clubs? Cash will always be king, footballers have no loyalty to any team but themselves. The sooner football fans realise that, the better.

He won them the title. Pretty big justification.
Precisely.

We as a club have to decide what we want. Do we want a dynasty like Barcelona of the past decade along with other examples? You have to basically strangle the competition for several years to establish a dynasty. We were on the edge of it I feel with our first title but decided we only wanted players that wanted us more than money thus Hazard and RVP et al. Then we spent years spinning our wheels with some good years and some bad. Don’t get me wrong. It’s been a fun ride, but we’re nothing resembling a dynasty.

Now again we I feel are on the verge of something special. This isn’t the time to act as if we’ve won five league titles in a row with a few CL trophies to boot.

We’re not playing hardball at all. We have a long term project, football and finance wise, and we are sticking to it. So far we are beginning to see the fruits of our labour. We have a young squad sitting 15 points top of the league playing football never seen before in this land. The people we have up top are patient yet astute strategists who has measured the cost benefits of our actions.

I’m sure we have other players in mind as fallback options. Let the rags waste £50m or so on Sanchez, he hasnt been prolific with 6th place arsenal anyway. Pretty sure we can get better players for the price. Salah went for £37m just last window, so I’m sure there are a few other rough diamonds in the market.
You are missing my point. If we had offered Arsenal 30m on Jan 1st, personally feel Alexis, who allegedly agreed personal terms with us, would be lining up against Liverpool this afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.