Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sucked back into the thread (me that is). I saw you expressing confidence that he would come to City but I have never been confident he would although I have tired to be optimistic. I'm certain he won't now and given, as you pointed out, how long we have coveted him, it does hack me off that we have failed to get him. This may be an honourable fail but it is still a fail and the club do need to look at why they have failed: it's not just a question of the Rags gazumping us at the end with silly money.

We could have got him for 70 mil in the summer if we'd bid it early.

But he's not worth it, nor worth what Utd will pay him.

But yet as a club we spunked 27 million on an average RB in Danilo as a result.

Not only that, but what about the knock on effect this has on Maffeo who has been outstanding against the top opposition in La Liga this season?

Not sure what you are moaning about. Playing the best football weve ever seen. Just enjoy it.
Like the man sat behind me who at 5-0 up against liverpool moaned that we dont leave anyone up at corners

Sucked back into the thread (me that is). I saw you expressing confidence that he would come to City but I have never been confident he would although I have tired to be optimistic. I'm certain he won't now and given, as you pointed out, how long we have coveted him, it does hack me off that we have failed to get him. This may be an honourable fail but it is still a fail and the club do need to look at why they have failed: it's not just a question of the Rags gazumping us at the end with silly money.

I don't understand this at all. If we walk away, how have we failed exactly

It would be a shame not to get him but if agent/player have moved the goalpost then so be it plus i cant see it worrying us for the league you cant turn shit into gold by adding just one player to there team.

This thread has gone the same way as it did last summer but with a different emphasis. Last summer it was again split down the middle. We must have Sanchez/another guaranteed goal scorer in one half and the We already have enough fire power to ensure we don't struggle for goal half. When asked by half 1 who would score if Kun wasn't scoring half 2 pointed out that we scored all accross the attacking threat. The last five and a half months has proved the flappers wrong. Not only are City on target for a record number of goals and Sanches has helped himself to 7 goals, not bad but 3 City players are ahead of him, one not having played for a month. Two more are only one goal behind him and our magician has two less but isn't playing as regularly at the present. It would be good to get him but its not game over if we don't.

Arsenal will desperately want to sell him to the rags.

They'll make more money.

Simple.

So anything from that end will be pushing that angle.

They are fools if they do as the rags are their rivals not us. They could quite easily finish above them but if they sell them Sanchez you can kiss that goodbye

In the transfer business it's not normal to say "we are only offering just over half of what you want and we won't be increasing our offer"
that was a huge and unnecessary gamble and has failed spectacularly.
We believed we had him wrapped up and he wouldn't go elsewhere, but we forced his camp into a corner, that opened the door to United.

The 'door' was opened in the summer, not now. Utd would outbid us in this window, it 's upto the player.

If you think we should have made Arsenal a huge offer in the summer, so they would have sold him before the deadline, then fine.

I don't, I didn't even want him then.

Fucking shambles this. A player who apparently had agreed to come to us in summer, now we let our hated and still dangerous rivals get a major coup on us, not to mention the suddenly now positive spin on it in the media to big those cünts up. And he'll definitely improve their team while we're fucking about trying to play Bernardo as a striker. I'm fucking fuming. We never seem to really press home advantages when we're on top, just like with RvP we let those wankers back in. Absolutely fucking shit from us this. Smalltime and unambitious, and arrogant and complacent.
i feel i want to argue but imo you are correct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.