Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he was nailed on for United from the moment I heard Mourinho's press conference Friday, sounded and looked like a man who know he was about to get the player. The comment that did it for me was the " He PROBABLY defend the colours of arsenal this weekend" which suggested it was close. Gutted to lose out to them for him if true, but I would much rather be in our position in the middle of January than theirs.

Lets just consider that IF the rumoured figures quoted are correct then the rags will be paying:

£35 Million fee.
£15 million signing on fee.
£10 million agent fee.

£350 - £400k a week wages.

All of this to get a player put of contract in 4 months.

In this context I can understand exactly why we would not stump up.

They can afford it, no?

If it means it closes the gap on us and makes them much better then its a price worth paying?

It is going to cost us a lot more to sign a player of the level in the summer...

45m for a WC forward despite being 29 in todays market is a bargain.
if it was 45m plus wages of 150k a week then I believe he would be here, but the quotes of 350 - 400k make the deal astronimical , especially as we are offering Kev 240K (according to the media). And although Alexis would be great here, not when it de-stables the squad and also means we cant sign a cb + dm and possibly a left back in this window.

I switch off for a few hours and I’m reading comments he’s off to utd!

Where this info coming from ?

Arsenal can not let him go to a direct rival surely. Their fans would totally blow if they did.

Got to say I would be gutted if we loose out but really proud the way City are not bending over. We get him great if we don’t then we have £40-60 mill in the summer for a younger striker. Sanchez would be amazing now and next season but then we would be back to where we are now. Maybe a younger striker would be better any way to partner Jesus over the next 5 years.

Either way great time to be a blue

I am thinking our interest has cooled in the first half of the season (a younger target lined up for the summer maybe?), but we promised him last summer we would be back in January. The owner and his people being men of their word, that's what has happened, but not at any price?

I am officially awarding this thread: "The worst of Bluemoon"

Congrats to all involved, it's a very proud moment for all of us.

Match day threads were not included in this competition
Shocking.

Isco wins every day of all the transfer windows for me.

The Alfonso Alves thread was spectacular, though shorter, as well.

Lets just consider that IF the rumoured figures quoted are correct then the rags will be paying:

£35 Million fee.
£10 million agent fee.

It sounds like madness until you compare Coutinho to Barca for £142m. Granted he is younger and not out of contract but we r gonna have to pay big in the summer for another worldy.

£35 Million fee.
£10 million agent fee.

While I also understand the clubs current stance, it begs the question why we thought he was worth £60m in the summer. In the space of 4 months he has gone from arguably our number 1 transfer target, to a guy that we are not willing to pay more than £20m for. I feel that it was either a short-sighted, over-priced, stupid move in the summer, or we are now cutting off our nose to spite our face.

They can afford it, no?

If it means it closes the gap on us and makes them much better then its a price worth paying?

It would be somthing if they closed a 15 point gap because of it.

Then in a few months, the transfer window opens & they have just blown a decent percentage of the budget, on a 29 year old, for next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.