Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I also understand the clubs current stance, it begs the question why we thought he was worth £60m in the summer. In the space of 4 months he has gone from arguably our number 1 transfer target, to a guy that we are not willing to pay more than £20m for. I feel that it was either a short-sighted, over-priced, stupid move in the summer, or we are now cutting off our nose to spite our face.
6 months nearer to being a free agent,the rags is clouding everyones vision here as is the hatred

Doesn't matter, quadruple is still on. Let the doubters regret their choices come the end of the season...and the next season...and the season after that...and so on. This club is not one to rest. They know what it takes to keep Pep at the club. If we lose Sanchez, we'll sign a better player in the summer. Have faith in Pep, the club and the players.

My only concern is I'm seeing the same arguments and spin as to when we missed out on Hazard and RVP and the next season they helped their respective clubs win the league.

I just hope it doesn't come back to bite us.

While I also understand the clubs current stance, it begs the question why we thought he was worth £60m in the summer. In the space of 4 months he has gone from arguably our number 1 transfer target, to a guy that we are not willing to pay more than £20m for. I feel that it was either a short-sighted, over-priced, stupid move in the summer, or we are now cutting off our nose to spite our face.
It isn`t just £20M though is it ?

Funny, i had just gotten used to him poss being at City-I don't care for him (Chile more than Arse) but can't deny he's a great player. Saying this, if he signs for rags, I look forward to his agitation every time City win or accomplishes anything.
Maybe the wages would've effected the team now. His presence def would've (Sergio, Sane/Sterling). I believe Pep could've controlled the egos, but $ is always harder to manage. I trust in our mgmt/Pep.

I'm not so certain that he would not have been worth £70m.

I wouldn't have paid 60 personally.

I'm not sure we would be anywhere near as good now, if we'd signed him.

I think he would have held Sane & Sterling back. They have developed immensely (so much so I'm not convinced he will start as much as some think,over them if we do sign him).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.