Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very much.Only a dickhead would question the decision making of a club that currently sits 15 points above its nearest rival.
But if it was brilliant from the club to manufacture interest and force Arsenal's hand almost into selling to us, why is it brilliant if he doesn't sign at all?

That doesn't make sense.

Unless of course, some dickheads just want to always appear "Bluer" than everyone else?

I think this is where many have different views mate....for me, its not about being the top of the league and no longer needing him. Its now when we should be strengthening, building, pushing forward, so we stay one step ahead. If rumours, this thread and the media have been correct, he's been one of, if not our top target since the summer. Pep/chairman were willing to pay 60mil for him in the summer and meet his large wages and have now gone back in for him again. This wasnt a safety-net type signing, depending on how the season goes....they had plans for him now and in the future. I believe the club felt they had him and because of this played a poker game with the transfer fee and allowed other teams a shot.

Agreed. We only have to look at our performances in 12/13 and 14/15 to show that even as champions, if you don't strengthen, you aren't standing still, you are going backwards. If Sanchez does go United, I hope this isn't the first sign of us thinking that we don't need to strengthen too much in the summer.

I'd prefer him to go to united than the dippers. They're shaping into a decent side next season when Keita arrives. Don't think much would change if he signed for the rags.

Strange one for me that Sanchez supposedly had his heart set on joining up with us and pep,the £60 mill in the summer was accepted by arsenal but they couldn’t get a replacement in on time,and the rumours were Sanchez was livid as he thought it was a done deal.Roll on a few months and we had apparently assured him we would come back in for him which seems to be the case,but all talk now is he is off to the rags for more money which wasn’t a concern in the summer so what has changed in those 5-6 months...

Perhaps we don't need him as much as we thought we did. Perhaps the rags have offered a deal that we are not willing to match as we don't feel he's worth it. Perhaps we have identified other targets that represent better value. Who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.