Alternative striker options

Posted Hirving Lozano in the Sanchez thread but mistakenly thought he was still (or if ever) with us under CFG. Turns out he's contracted with PSV which is unfortunate.

22 years old. A winger who plays both sides. This season has scored 11 goals and assisted 4 in 16 games. Also scored 1 in the only KNVB cup game.

How about hijacking Arsenal's bid for Cristian Pavon? There is still time to do deal with Boca and secure a work permit.

How about Lucas from PSG. I know he is not an out and out striker but he is very good. Can play on both wings and seems to be available.

Guardiola is adaptable, but personally can't see him going after target man while having carte blanche from the owner. It contradicts the basics of his style - attacking the box from unexpected angles, on the move. Thus I presume the likes of Lewandowski, Kane, Werner etc. are out of equation.

What's needed is a hybrid forward that can either comfortably drop deep or move to the channels and take part in quick interplays. Dribbling ability would be welcome as well. Shevchenko, Henry, Mbappe are obvious examples.

Even Mandzukic was forced to play this way under Pep.

The best young options for ST/false 9 position - Mbappe, Dembele, Martial - are unavailable. Sanchez was next in line. Who else? Probably Griezmann, has €100m release clause if I'm not mistaken.

It's very difficult to find a readymade solution for this team.

Dybala. he can play in False 9 position.
Griezmann also can play in that position.
it would be nice if City can sign both.
imagine jesus, sane, sterling, dybala and griezmann rotating in front three.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.