Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nice article and bring me back to a point I made back in october about him.

The kid is class. Was class for most of last season and has been imo top 3 performers in the champions league since joining the club. He reminds me in this current side and system very much of a more talented version of pedro when pep was at barca(team won a treble and two league titles in 3 years) and I mean that in the best possible way. Pedro was like the best type of supporting player a team could ask for and pep would tell you how vital he was to them and how they played. In fact in the 09/10 and 10/11 seasons with pep he scored 23 and 22 goals respectively and a major part of their success.

Like pedro for that team with messi and villa, sterling's not the most naturally talented of the attackers and not someone whom you would expect to take a game by the scruff of the neck and score an individual goal by beating players or a long-ranger like I believe sane, jesus and aguero can. I don't think he will ever be that kind of player but what he is, i believe to be the most positionally intelligent and aware of the attackers. His high level of tactical intelligence means that teams are always stretched, he's always an outlet for the ball and watch especially the positions and spaces he takes up when a play or attack is developing from sane's side of the pitch.

Like I've always said a player with his game iq without the ball was just a matter of time before he started scoring consistently at a high level and he doesn't even need to be the most natural striker of the ball to easily hit 20 goals a season such is the quality of the chances he gets through his movement. I would like to add that although I don't think his technical ability on the ball is at the level of his team-mates, he's not far behind and as far as wingers go, there are very few around the world of his technical ability. He can play quick intricate passes, play in tight spaces, very good at keeping close control of the ball when dribbling and is very adept with his weaker foot. He just happens to be in a team filled with 2 of the very best young attackers in terms of technical ability on the ball. He still has so much room for improvement in the final stages of play and at the age of just 22, he's nowhere near reaching his peak where consistent levels of high performances are to be expected.

So so poor. In hindsight shouldn't have started against that shit at klanfield. Doesn't have the mentality to overcome it, hopefully we don't make the same mistake next time.

So so poor. In hindsight shouldn't have started against that shit at klanfield. Doesn't have the mentality to overcome it, hopefully we don't make the same mistake next time.
Been discussing this. I think we should drop him for every Kanfield game. He doesn’t rise and all it does is pump their fans.

Been discussing this. I think we should drop him for every Kanfield game. He doesn’t rise and all it does is pump their fans.

This.

He's been unreal this year and doesn't deserve any stick but everytime he plays at Anfield it just gives their fans more energy

In hindsight he should never have started at Klanfield , he just cannot handle the pure hatred towards him from that shower of shithouses , Pep stated Rahem can handle the Klanfield pressure before the game , he simply can't . Pep doesnt get much wrong but playing Sterling against the Candlelighters was a bad call.

M.I.A

He needs resting next time we play against this lot at Anfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.