Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread.

Sane and KDB deserves a lot of credit. They stood out and looked like they actually gave a shit.

I don't know you at all, but when people start talking about 'players not giving a shit' (in a previously unbeaten team, who narrowly lost away to a very good team)....that person usually knows next to zero about football.

A stronger ref and that would have been a draw...

Pushed in the back by the dirty ****...
The amount of rags supporting Liverpool today was unbelievable...
Still top..

Can everyone that was telling me it was shoulder to shoulder watch that and listen to the commentators immediate thoughts as it happened? Also to argue "he should have been stronger" ignores the reason why it's against the rules, you can't see it coming from behind like that, he wasn't ready for it.

Shambolic defending today, memories of last season. Stones has been poor since he returned from injury and needs to step up. We need another cb in the window imo as we can not rely on either Mangala or Vinnie due to injury.

A defeat is not the end of the world, but disappointing considering we completely fucked up in in those 5 minutes in the second half.

Gundogan was ineffective for me and needs to offer more. We certainly missed Merlin.

Pep not seeming too fussed in the post match interview.

Seems like he genuinely believed we wouldn't go unbeaten, and I'm sure the way we rallied from 4-1 to 4-3 was pretty encouraging for him, it's a good sign for later big games.

I don’t care what anyone says. All 4 were errors. Ederson positioning for first goal just wasn’t right.

There were 4 opportunities to clear that ball before the shot and then he was in the wrong place.

The second goal was all down to Stones. He has got to be stronger than that. Little pushes like that happen every game in this league. Defenders need to deal with that and Ederson was in the wrong place again.

No 3 is all down to Otamendi

No 4 the most comical of the lot - Ederson.

It was an absolutely shambolic defensive display today and I would include the whole team in that from back to front.

The only player I thought played well was De Bruyne.

How did we get back to 4-3, what has happened to Stones?

Nothing has happened to Stones, he is still slow, he is still physically not strong enough. All this 'Stones was in great form before his injury' talk is based around his offensive attributes. In short, as a stopper he ain't that great.

Sterling was awful at Anfield again and Silva was terribly missed. We needed a lot more composure on the ball against a very good pressing side and Pep should have sacrificed one of the wide men for this.

It doesnt help though when the likes of Fernandinho/Stones/Gundogan/Ederson/Danilo and Aguero all have complete and utter stinkers - but it felt like a matter of time from the off that we'd end up gifting them a few goals with our sloppy play out from the back and in midfield.

Shows how good David Silva is.

Oh and buy Sanchez - Aguero is in horrific form in terms of his approach play and workrate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.