Ilkay Gundogan - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be odds on favourite in the Hide and Seek world championships. An absolute chancer, spends as much time as possible trying to get away from where the action is. The last 10 mins showed what this fella is all about, only interested in and around the opponents box. Pep needs to make a decision on whether or not he wants to introduce a number 10, because he might do a job in that position but he is 100% not a central midfielder in this side. He doesn't have the bottle for it.

Thought he was supposed to be like Xavi??

Gives the ball away far too much for someone who is “good in possession.” Makes the wrong decision almost every time when we are breaking. Shocking really. Rarely plays a good final ball. He does make good runs into the box and can dribbles well here and there.

Honestly felt he was disappearing in games far too often last season pre injury but gave him the benefit of the doubt given it was his first season in the PL.

Also frequently pulls out of tackles, probably due to the his injury. Rarely wins the ball back. I feel sorry for him but I’m really starting to question if he is good enough for us. The injuries have destroyed him. Looks like a £20m gamble that hasn’t worked out.

Thought he was supposed to be like Xavi??

Gives the ball away far too much for someone who is “good in possession.” Makes the wrong decision almost every time when we are breaking. Shocking really. Rarely plays a good final ball. He does make good runs into the box and can dribbles well here and there.

Honestly felt he was disappearing in games far too often last season pre injury but gave him the benefit of the doubt given it was his first season in the PL.

Also frequently pulls out of tackles, probably due to the his injury. Rarely wins the ball back. I feel sorry for him but I’m really starting to question if he is good enough for us. The injuries have destroyed him. Looks like a £20m gamble that hasn’t worked out.

I think that's the problem, he is trying tooooooo hard to be like Xavi, he holds the ball unnecessarily, delayed some of Sane's beautiful runs today. He needs to step up the tempo, the build up play from him was just too slow today.

Pretty clear to most who have watched Gundog that he is no David Silva. Much slower in his build up play. Most of the game passed him by today and he created very little for the front players. Also don't do enough to take pressure off KDB.

Go back a month on here and its master stroke of a signing, go back to only last week on this thread and the compliments are coming from everywhere on how good he is.

And today, well I'll let you all read the comments on this thread, And the match day one was just fuckin shocking the abuse he got.

Only on a football forum can someone go from a Rolls Royce of a player to a bag of shite who doesn't deserve a start, all in a few weeks.

A poor man's Nasri tbh.

Does zero work off the ball. Playing 15 yards of where Silva would be for starters.

Does he have individual moments? Absolutely. But so does Shquiri and he's at Stoke.

The Gundogan we saw against Barca was an anomaly, this one's not to standard I'm afraid.

He’s a quality footballer but sadly lacks the versatility and aggression of some of our other midfielders.

Does anyone know where his best position is?

Couldn’t Bernardo offer us pretty much the same but with far more flamboyance and skill?

Think it's clear he should only play against relegation fodder, unfortunately he's not the same player after his injury woes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.