Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread.

Fuck me. That commentary was absolutely disgraceful today.

The day I hear of Martin Tyler being moved into a retirement home and him constantly pissing himself, I shall be out for a celebration drink.

Utter ****

It's not a question of me feeling better, it's about the referee applying the rules of the game. Just because it's happened before doesn't make it correct this time more a reflection on the standard of refereeing we've come to expect and accept.

You are kidding yourself if you think it is a foul. Physical contact happens all over the pitch continuously. Our centre half was weak and misjudged the pass.

FIFTEEN POINTS AHEAD, FIRST LOSS OF THE SEASON TO A TOP 4 TEAM IN ROUND 16 OF THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, ON A DAY WHEN WE WERE SECOND BEST AND THEY PLAYED THEIR BEST GAME OF THE SEASON...AND IT WAS 4-3 DUE TO DEFENSIVE ERRORS.

Lord help us if that requires handwringing and consternation. 20-2-1, 15 games to go, 15 pts ahead.

Keep on keeping on. The long stretch of killer games and we’ve lost ONE, are in the EFL SF leading after First Leg, in 4th round of the FA Cup with a lower division opponent, in CL Round of 16 against one of the “preferred” teams. The way we play is a winning formula, and we stumbled for about 10 minutes at Anfield.

I will survive. I hope some of you will...but I’m worried about some of you!​
Unless Pep does somthing we will lose again soon. Sterling needs a couple of games on the bench with Bernardo starting for one. Bernardo rose to the challenge so needs to be rewarded. Sterling didnt so needs to think about life for a while.

All game I felt they were more hungry. More relaxed as well given the day offs they had but much more hungry too. With the pressing and going for second balls 100%. More aggressive, more hungry. Kind of happens every time at Anfield so its not just one game.

We get scared of it, start losing possession easily, so many bad passes, not taking defenders on, no real tempo in our game.

People said here in the pre match topic that we gonna rip them apart and we beat them 3-0 etc, it was very far from that.

It was a good test for CL later stages imo for us, thank God failing it still doesnt matter that much but in CL we wont have maybe another games to put it right and we are out with performance like this.

Does anyone fancy them in next round of CL if we both qualify? I just dont want the team to go back to Anfield again this season. We would know exactly what to expect from them yet still be playing like today.
I think I’d take pretty much anywhere than there again.

Although the Dippers play against us everytime like it is their cup final , we have actually only played them in one cup final and we beat them and recieved a trophy ,where as the Dippers get f*ck all every season for beating us and havent won a trophy for donkeys years.Let them have their day in the sun, i will settle for yet another premier league title
Bang on mate, could'nt agree more.

We had that spell where we lost all shape. We couldn't pass and our control was off. That is where we lost the game.
I think it's unfair to call out individuals, as the whole team seemed to lose focus. But we kept plugging away and
in another dream, might have got an equaliser. I enjoyed the game and at least we saw 2 teams that want to play football.
100 times better than a lot of boring games the PL has served up this season. So we DIDN'T win, i can cope with that as
i believe we won't lose many more, this season.

In other words he pushed him in the back - clear foul.

Could easily have been given but it wasn’t.

From the replays you see he misjudged the pace/path of the ball and takes a wee half step, Firminho took advantage and got slightly lucky.

I’d have been raging at myself if I was Stones for getting out muscled, also the fact he never went to ground probably helped the ref make the ‘easy’ decision to wave play on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.