Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread.

Annoying but was expecting it, win out next 2 and it’s all forgotten

Anyone know why Silva ok for the bench but didn’t start ?

Yes we should but everyone wanks over the league cup like it's some holy grail on here. You could tell that one team had a rest in the week today. We were very lacklustre at times today.

Wenger has done it for years....played the kinds in the league cup...

its definitely something we should be doing if we are serious about dominating the prem league and at the same time going to CL.....

What was the point in having Silva on the bench if he wasn't well enough to play at all?

sane was outstanding, the rest had an off day but even on an off day pushed liverpool all the way.

take a look at the table and you will feel better :)

Let's not be churlish, they played football and are just as capable as we are at stringing together some high precision passes for a swift counter.
I don't think we had a particularly 'bad' game - they simply put in an incredible effort and pressed up for the full 90 minutes - we simply didn't have the time on the ball that we're used to.
The reason they aren't going to win the league is that they are too inconsistent, and just as likely to put in a lousy performance against a bottom of the table team and drop 3 points. We're much more consistent.

They played us at our own game and it paid off for them.

They played well, pressed well but goals 3-4 were completely avoidable(poor choices to lead up to mistake and poor execution as they happened... in other words we've played out of much better presses than that we created those situations ourselves in my view) this was levels below the performance over in Napoli for instance if you can't see that I don't know what to tell you. That's not Liverpool's problem nor is the mistake from the ref to allow the foul by Firmino, they took their chances readily I will give them that but they did not beat a full strength in form City today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.