Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread.

Reckon most blues knew this was a big ask today.
First bad weekend this season and I’m not going to tear my team a new one.
Saved some face near the end, despite some proper fuck ups, so I’m gonna go with what’s right,
Thank you city for tearing this league apart, for changing the views of the media, for smashing records left right and centre and making 99% of my season so far.
Now go out and finish the fuckin job, the scouse twats will be served up again this season and we’ll right this wrong. I doff my cap in your general direction.

With the exception of KDB and Sane (at times) I thought collectively we were very poor today. We needed to boss the centre of the park and Gundogen and Fernandinho were awful to put it bluntly. Individual errors cost us the game and the score line flatters us really, thought they wanted it more and has great as Stones was before the injury he’s come back a different player, 3 games back and 3 games directly down to his mistakes. Three things are now a must, a new centre half, new left back and new striker have to be the priority this transfer window. Another centre midfielder would be a bonus

Dippers kick and rush style always causes us problems. Not sure why as it's easy to predict.

we always tend to have the wrong midfield combo there....Pelllers did it consistently playing Yaya in a two there....used to drive me crazy as everyone could predict what happened...

Today maybe we didnt have much choice with David Silva being injured but our ball retention would have been much better with him on the pitch rather than Ilky.... we just gave it away too much and KDB was crowded out centrally as it was any him in there looking to find the spaces...Ilky was too static in that respect and this had a knock on effect of our defence holding the ball too long and getting caught with stray passes

If there is one positive to take away from this game is, if u want to beat city u need to be at least 3 goals up and less then 15min to go, if not u will end up with a draw or a lose.
a good game, except for a bad spell in 2nd have.
love what Jurgen klopp said “This was a historical game you will talk about in 20 years because it looks like City will not lose another one this year.”

Haha ;) here:

As I said though I don't think the game was actually lost with that goal, it was how we responded to it and Pep will not be happy with that more so than the refs decision.
It was a little nudge and stones should have been clever and done a didi hamann, Master of falling over and getting a free kick when nudged

To give credit where it’s due, they pressured us in to making mistakes which against 95% of teams never get punished.

The comeback was fantastic and had Sergio left the ball, dinho and gundogan were waiting to put it in.

Chin up and let’s go unbeaten all the way through to next seasons league title!

Wenger has done it for years....played the kinds in the league cup...

its definitely something we should be doing if we are serious about dominating the prem league and at the same time going to CL.....

I guess the 15 point lead gives us some leeway but if we are serious about the CL, we need more players it's as simple as that.

We now have a squad with Delph, Kompany, Mendy all injured and Mangala and Yaya not good enough.

With a small squad anyway, it would be madness to not strengthen now.

Look at how much Stones protests. Not at all is the answer.
If people are seriously putting that defeat down to the referee, there’s no hope...

None at all. Sometimes you just have to put your hands up and say we dropped a clanger and a very decent Pool side took advantage. Some people may genuinely believe its a foul and I accept that as its a game of opinions but others cannot leave there bias to one side.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.