Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread.

Well to be honest I'm glad the unbeaten run monkey is off our backs. We weren't at it today but still scored 3 goals and at least 3 of theirs were avoidable, but hey ho shit like that happens. We regroup and get ready for the weekends game against toon and we will produce a spanking to get us cooking again.

Let the rags have their giddy moment with Sanchez.

Let the dippers have their giddy moment after their victory today.

Let the media have their giddy state of euphoria after our 1st loss.

Make the most of it you fuckers because your moments in the sun will be short lived, while we will be back on the winning bandwagon very soon and making headlines because of our greatness yet again.

Interesting game imo.

Firstly I’ve said this time and time again. We simply should not be pissing about with the tippy tappy stuff in your own box / third against teams who have the requisite quality to play punish us. It’s gteat against Burnley at home but you don’t do that at Anfield. We try that against the big CL teams we’ll get embarassed.

Liverpool has a plan and it worked. Rush the defence into mistakes, mither them to death, rush the goalie, cause doubt, cause anxiety. It worked a treat.

We literally gifted them 3 goals but in fairness their work forced us into the errors. Fair play to them.

I also felt we had a 10-15 minute period of ‘head’s gone’, not really knowing what to do when not ‘on top’. We cannot let that happen again.

Right, it’s out the way.

We’ve got a league to win. Let’s steady ourselves again. Be ultra professional and get 6 points from Newcastle and West Brom and lets get the fucker won.

Doom, doom, doom

Or, wait, no, not at all

Stop wumming

what where is the doom...utd will probably beat stoke....simple maths....we will be 12 points ahead......we will drop more points as the team is starting to look tired as injuries are taking their tole (the loss of Mendy cannot be underestimated as neither can be the issues surrounding David Silva)

Neither of those 2 situations are going to sort themselves out quickly.

Well to be honest I'm glad the unbeaten run monkey is off our backs. We weren't at it today but still scored 3 goals and at least 3 of theirs were avoidable, but hey ho shit like that happens. We regroup and get ready for the weekends game against toon and we will produce a spanking to get us cooking again.

Let the rags have their giddy moment with Sanchez.

Let the dippers have their giddy moment after their victory today.

Let the media have their giddy state of euphoria after our 1st loss.

Make the most of it you fuckers because your moments in the sun will be short lived, while we will be back on the winning bandwagon very soon and making headlines because of our greatness yet again.

very much this

Sorry but this shit happens at Anfield time after time and year after year our crap record there is trumpeted. The problem is mental. We fell apart when that second goal went in despite having been, IMO, the better team overall to that point. The players have to truly believe they will win there and I don't think - deep down - they do. That does mean they are mentally weak. They have shown more mental strength to this point than any City team I have seen but they need to be even stronger to start getting good results regularly at Anfield, in fact on Merseyside, and at Arsenal; and, most importantly to finish the job and bring home some trophies without unnecessary drama.
I doubt this group of City players have any hang-ups about Anfield. All four Liverpool goals resulted from forced/unforced errors. Superb raking free kick by Kevin in the dying seconds - I'm sure he wanted the lads to hang back and run onto the ball from onside positions. I doubt a near post run that would always be offside formed part of his thinking.

Fact is eight days v four days - simple as that - if you have a recovery period of eight days v four - who will be the sharpest?
No point worrying over that game -we looked jaded and the reason is obvious .
Rest up , recharge and go again - plenty more for City!!
BTW any critique of Serge or any others - apart from Stones who cannot be jaded- is not justified
A lot of games recently showed big time .
A week's rest and bring on the barcodes!!
CTID

So we can’t say that Fernandinho, Gundogan, were awful that their mus placing passes constantly caused our back 4 problems? We can’t that Sergio was shite? That Sterling was worse? Rest or not, doesn’t excuse some of the sloppy play at times.
Stones is coming back from injury so if anyone gets a little slack it should be him.

Best side won but Otamendi’s header goes in its a different game and that’s before taking our many mistakes in to it.

what where is the doom...utd will probably beat stoke....simple maths....we will be 12 points ahead......we will drop more points as the team is starting to look tired as injuries are taking their tole (the loss of Mendy cannot be underestimated as neither can be the issues surrounding David Silva)

Neither of those 2 situations are going to sort themselves out quickly.

you could say that for every single team. we've lost one game all season, it was going to happen. i agree with the post way to much doom and gloom and negativity, considering the position we are in,.

If I was a Scouser i'd feel cheated with their display.
Today was one game to much for me, midweek took it out of us, i'd like to think we would have played better with a full weeks rest.
Monkey off our back now thank fuck.

Something was wrong with several players. Either tiredness or illness. Stones would have been lapped by Demichelis in a sprint.

You were the better team and deserved the win. I'd be asking questions of your manager and players though how on earth do you turn into world beaters when we rock up and utter shit the next week. I'd be fuming
Part of the problem is defensive errors as I pointed out earlier our defence is shite as are our goalies. We let in far too many needless goal like today we needed 4 goals to win. When a team sits back and defends if we score 1 goal we will inevitably concede and need to score again. This us why we do well against you lot you always come to anfield and play open football which leaves plenty of space for our forwards to play in. Other teams just sit back and deny our forwards room and space.

Hopefully these problems are being addressed cause hopefully we have a defensive leader in VVD which we haven't had since Carra left and hopefully we get a competent goalie.

I personally think we are a stronger team with VVD and without Coutinho than the other way around.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.