Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread.

Fuckin gutted. 5 crazy minutes fucked the match for us, but well played LFC. They played the right way & if we had to lose, I'd have preferred it to be in a match like today's rather than with a whimper against Palace et al...

Guardiola has been brilliant for us, but isn't beyond criticism if deserved. I know David Silva is going through a tough personal time in his life, but surely if he was fit enough to be on the bench, he was fit enough to start?

For all his undoubted ability, Gundogan is no Silva & went missing for huge parts of the game today. I've said all along that the 2 players who truly make us tick are Fernandinho & David Silva. One is 31 & the other 33.

Fuck knows how the hell we're gonna replace those two, because with Silva missing & Fernandinho having an average day, today we saw the result. It's been coming, but hopefully now we can press the reset button & kick on for the rest of the season.

The only winner today was Moureen. He's be having it with City, Chelsea & Arsenal, & we've all gained a point between us this weekend. Hopefully now, our doubting fans will realise why we need reinforcements.

No you’re right pal you played to win which is more than most. I’m just angered by the overwhelming overreaction to HOW well you played. Anyone would think we were dicked 10-0.
Exactly we weren't played off the park with amazing play from Liverpool, in reality we were a little short of our best in several areas, some are getting it backwards they see the mistakes as a result of their pressing alone rather than the poor choices leading up to them being able to press us in the first first place(Pep wants bravery but not at the expense of sensibility which is what happened at 2-1) . I hope we face these in the champions league with a fully fit squad to prove a point to anyone in doubt that our best smashes their best... VVD wont make a blind bit of difference a performance near where we were in Napoli rips them to pieces, they've yet to show a performance anywhere near us at our best.

A first league defeat in mid January,anyone not take that at the start of the season?
A full week to prepare for the next game...............i fear for Newcastle,someone is due a right good battering.

Sorry but this shit happens at Anfield time after time and year after year our crap record there is trumpeted. The problem is mental. We fell apart when that second goal went in despite having been, IMO, the better team overall to that point. The players have to truly believe they will win there and I don't think - deep down - they do. That does mean they are mentally weak. They have shown more mental strength to this point than any City team I have seen but they need to be even stronger to start getting good results regularly at Anfield, in fact on Merseyside, and at Arsenal; and, most importantly to finish the job and bring home some trophies without unnecessary drama.

I can't agree with this OB1. Of the team that lost there in 2014 only Fernandinho played today (Aguero came on as a sub) and our manager and his staff are also completely different. From City teams that played at Anfield under Mancini there are no survivors. There can be nothing about Anfield, the Liverpool club badge, You'll never walk alone or anything else that puts City at any psychological disadvantage. In Pellegrini's last season we turned in a display of such heart chilling incompetence at Anfield and lost 3-0. Last year we lost 1-0. But these results were all too typical of our results against top six teams. This season we have won at Stamford Bridge, the swamp and in Naples. The reason is not that mental weakness at the mention of Anfield is a consequence of signing for City but simply that we haven't played well enough there. Today we did not fall apart when the second goal went in, though we did make two more costly errors. Any side making such errors will find it hard to win. But we didn't fall apart - we played our football, did not panic and came within a whisker of a point. I remember in 2011 when we had won once at OT since 1974, we couldn't play at OT because we were frightened of a club for which victory was in their genes! The real reason is that we had never played well enough there - but we all know what happened in 2011! None of our players showed any sign of mental weakness!

I doubt this group of City players have any hang-ups about Anfield. All four Liverpool goals resulted from forced/unforced errors. Superb raking free kick by Kevin in the dying seconds - I'm sure he wanted the lads to hang back and run onto the ball from onside positions. I doubt a near post run that would always be offside formed part of his thinking.

Pity then that they played like they had some sort of hang-up. A composed, confident performance beats that Liverpool side.

Klopp won that. Perfect tactics to contain Sane, Sterling and Kevin whilst overloading on Fernandinho throughout the game.
Fullbacks should have gone narrow to prevent Fernandinho overload and Kevin, Sane and Sterling should have played deeper as per Cheksea away.

Every single goal was a fuck up. Ota gets under the ball for his header, Delph shits out and ox scores. Stones massive fuck up. Good finish but poor defending for the their third and a gift for their 4th. Overall we can only really blame ourselves.

are you saying that you don't think Utd will beat Stoke...I do...so it will potentially be 12....our squad is starting to look strained and our performances one the last few weeks have not been a s convincing. We will drop more points between now and the end of the season.
Manure will beat Stoke - Butland is breaking all time records in terms of the number of goals conceded per game - 47 so far and not all, but a sizeable chunk, are his fault. Eddie's rare miscue today is what Butland does all the time. Don't waste too much mental energy praying for Stoke to get a good result. They're pathetic.

They "deserve" it because they scored more than we did, but we gave them all their goals. Our pressing was as good as theirs for me, and but for the Stones mistake/foul, when we should actually have been taking an attacking free kick in their half, who knows how it might have ended.

By our standards this season, we were a little below par, they on the other hand, had their game of the season, but still only won, because we made last years errors.

Those errors are the reason they deserve it.

At times our defending was as bad as anything you will see from any team all season. You don't deserve to win, if you play that poorly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.