Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread.

Thats why I was dreading this game today..we usually come away with a cup of tea at anfield..it's so strange why we hardly ever show up..proud that we kept going and nearly got a draw at the end.

Poor result, obviously - and terrible defending for their goals, but at least we salvaged some pride at the end. Just have to batter Newcastle next week.

Still 12 points clear after the rags get their win against a dire Stoke side tomorrow. I'm more pissed off about missing out on Sanchez to those bastards than losing this game.

When was it confirmed ?

we are top of the league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't disagree with that bud, but surely it's good to debate where we think we need to improve or what went wrong today, or even admit the dippers played well.

Fuckin gutted. 5 crazy minutes fucked the match for us, but well played LFC. They played the right way & if we had to lose, I'd have preferred it to be in a match like today's rather than with a whimper against Palace et al...

Guardiola has been brilliant for us, but isn't beyond criticism if deserved. I know David Silva is going through a tough personal time in his life, but surely if he was fit enough to be on the bench, he was fit enough to start?

For all his undoubted ability, Gundogan is no Silva & went missing for huge parts of the game today. I've said all along that the 2 players who truly make us tick are Fernandinho & David Silva. One is 31 & the other 33.

Fuck knows how the hell we're gonna replace those two, because with Silva missing & Fernandinho having an average day, today we saw the result. It's been coming, but hopefully now we can press the reset button & kick on for the rest of the season.

The only winner today was Moureen. He's be having it with City, Chelsea & Arsenal, & we've all gained a point between us this weekend. Hopefully now, our doubting fans will realise why we need reinforcements.
Pretty much on the money mate. I know fuck all about football despite being in my 46th season of actively watching City. What I do know is though, that to get a result at Liverpool, you have to stifle the bastards as the rags and Chelsea always do. We all knew today was another dipper funeral day, and they would thrive on it. YET AGAIN City come out the blocks slow again at this venue. That said. we're in pretty good shape.

End of the world
Worst team in the history of football
Sack everyone
Give up

(rough approximation of the utter rubbish in this thread)

Christ, you're really boring.....we get it, you're the biggest blue on here...now, run upstairs and I'm sure your mum will read you a nice bedtime story....nighty night

I might be wrong but I am going with mental issue.

Stones certainly had the shakes because he`s that used to going there with Everton and getting thumped, I will say he was not the only one having a bad game, but he has come back in square one from when we bought him, dithered over everything and far to easy "Moved" off the ball.

Gundogan was making a pigs ear of simple passes and could not find his first touch, dont think he is a bad player but he did have a bad game.

So what should Pep do ?, give them a day off then back to basics, the players will know they threw the game away with mistakes, and credit to the dippers for playing what was in front of them.

Now i've had time to put that performance into perspective.While we were poor and desperately missing both Silva and Jesus,it was also Liverpool's best performance of the season,and yet,ultimately,they only just scraped home with us playing the better football for much of the game .....that speaks volumes for me.

Like i said on page one,this result might even be a blessing in disguise.I'm disappointed but i'm certainly not disheartened.

Like a rerun of last season in some of the key games with hostile atmospheres.
Too many players go missing and Sterling is hopeless against Liverpool.
Absolutely comical defending you would see in a park on a Sunday, Stones should have been hauled off he was that bad yet again.
We've absolutely no chance in the Champions league playing like that.

bloody hell mate, we've lost one game and even today we nearly got a point 4-1 down. ' stones that bad yet again', hes been bloody brilliant all season pretty much, other then coming back from injury and yea you are right we have no hope in the champions league - do you honestly think we are going to play like that ?

you are being so negative.

Bernardo is already here, so one is done :) let him get up to speed, the other looks like its already on order. We were never going to be able to replace Yaya, but today he wasn't even on our bench.
If that's the case, why wasn't one Silva replacing the other?

Also, why was David Silva on the bench in any case? I'd imagine he was either fit enough to play or not. Really didn't see the point of having him on the bench today against the Dippers. Baffling decision.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.