Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread.

True many of them thought Aguero had equalized they were absolutely bricking it in those final minutes. That's what annoyed me about how the story of the game is being told they dismissed our goals and put it down to Liverpool tiring/switching off/making mistakes... where as the 8-9 minutes where the game was lost was just Liverpool being better than us?
Does it matter? This is episode 23 of a 38 episode series. All anyone cares about is the ending!

Who were the EFL SF losers last year? Anyone give a shit?
How about the Final losers? Anyone give a shit?
Who won the trophy and got a medal and a pot to list on their history timeline? Oh yeah, people will remember that!

Context is everything.
In the context of this season, what happens in the next run of 3-4 games is more important than this one result, and the the fact that the result simply moved one team from 18pts behind with 16 games to play to 15pts behind (and worse GD) with 15 games to play.

Which team would you rather be: City or Liverpool?

Explain two of our best games of the season then.

Silva being on the pitch wouldn’t have changed that shit ten minutes which decided the game.
With David on the pitch we're a better team - sets the tempo, tenacious, keeps the ball until he sees a pass..... usually through small gaps for Sane, Sterling, Sergio to run onto. Genius. Different game. Can't say we would have won, but things certainly different with him on the pitch.

To those who say Stones wasn`t fouled, if it was at the other end of the pitch and a Liverpool defender pushed over Aguero would you be calling for a penalty?
Must say, I've watched it again on spn, there is a nudge on stones's back but his positioning is all wrong just before the nudge. He should have done better. Football has never been reffed according to the laws of the game 100% as its down to interpretation in some scenarios. I love stones but I do fault him but won't slate him for it. If a sergio goal is disallowed for such a small nudge would you be screaming foul?

I don't think it was so much the Liverpool hoodoo that happened to day as the Klopp one.

He seems to be THE manager who has a way to beat Pep teams. He has the best record of any manager against him doing that. Which has to be remembered as it is rare for anyone to have a good record against Pep anywhere.

Just seems to be a blindspot in his locker that Klopp's style somehow gets the better of what usually is a tactical master class by Pep.

You can bet he will hate that fact and be doing his best to stop that next time we go to Anfield. Which could yet be later this winter or spring.

If that's the case, why wasn't one Silva replacing the other?
Presumably because that was Pep being more pragmatic in a big game, knowing/hoping Gundogan would be a better defender than Bernardo is, and I'd agree with that assessment, but Gundogan didn't have a great game until the 83rd minute, and he made it far harder for Fernandhino, who was also below his best.

Pretty much on the money mate. I know fuck all about football despite being in my 46th season of actively watching City. What I do know is though, that to get a result at Liverpool, you have to stifle the bastards as the rags and Chelsea always do. We all knew today was another dipper funeral day, and they would thrive on it. YET AGAIN City come out the blocks slow again at this venue. That said. we're in pretty good shape.
And that's the point. What the fuck was that pedestrian pace all about?

We reset the button by going in level. We started OK, in the 2nd, but 2 minutes of madness screwed us.

A
Stones certainly had the shakes because he`s that used to going there with Everton and getting thumped, I will say he was not the only one having a bad game, but he has come back in square one from when we bought him, dithered over everything and far to easy "Moved" off the ball.

Gundogan was making a pigs ear of simple passes and could not find his first touch, dont think he is a bad player but he did have a bad game.

So what should Pep do ?, give them a day off then back to basics, the players will know they threw the game away with mistakes, and credit to the dippers for playing what was in front of them.

Analyse the good and the bad. Tell them how to correct the bad and capitalise on the good. Put together a game plan to batter Newcastle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.