Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread.

Does it matter? This is episode 23 of a 38 episode series. All anyone cares about is the ending!

Who were the EFL SF losers last year? Anyone give a shit?
How about the Final losers? Anyone give a shit?
Who won the trophy and got a medal and a pot to list on their history timeline? Oh yeah, people will remember that!

Context is everything.
In the context of this season, what happens in the next run of 3-4 games is more important than this one result, and the the fact that the result simply moved one team from 18pts behind with 16 games to play to 15pts behind (and worse GD) with 15 games to play.

Which team would you rather be: City or Liverpool?
It matters if we have to put up with our resident flappers for weeks who can't see through the media bullshit or doomsday prophecies of Liverpool catching up to us this season or next they are miles off in both respects regardless of today's game.

Must say, I've watched it again on spn, there is a nudge on stones's back but his positioning is all wrong just before the nudge. He should have done better. Football has never been reffed according to the laws of the game 100% as its down to interpretation in some scenarios. I love stones but I do fault him but won't slate him for it. If a sergio goal is disallowed for such a small nudge would you be screaming foul?

You're the second person who makes no sense. Him being out of position doesn't make it not a foul. Sound like them idiots when they blamed Ederson for getting kicked in the head "he shouldn't be that far out" he was out of position yes he was fouled yes

That was more than a little disappointing.

Firstly for the umpteenth year we give them an early goal, get the crowd going and looked a little lost for a while. We get a goal out of nothing and get to have time and we all hope we regroup. Instead more of the error strewn passing and very little up front.

We concede a bad goal, then another and almost an instant fourth before we get punished for Ederson’s first big mistake. Up to that point we were a pale shadow of ourselves.

To credit the players we kept going but the hole we’d dug for ourselves was too deep.

Have to credit De Bruyne and Sane for keeping going. Sterling, Aguero, Stones, Fernandinho and Otamendi were poor in different ways. Gundogan was pretty anonymous until we were 4-1 down.

The most disappointing thing for me was how much we lost our heads after Firmino’s goal, no one took control of the game until it was too late.

We aren't entitled to win every game. The better side won today.
Of course you've a right to be pissed off. I also have a right to tell you give your fanny a wipe.

How amazing we have been this season doesn't justify today. The end result will be us celebrating hopefully but that doesn't make today ok. That's a big game we failed to turn up in.

Fuckin gutted. 5 crazy minutes fucked the match for us, but well played LFC. They played the right way & if we had to lose, I'd have preferred it to be in a match like today's rather than with a whimper against Palace et al...

Guardiola has been brilliant for us, but isn't beyond criticism if deserved. I know David Silva is going through a tough personal time in his life, but surely if he was fit enough to be on the bench, he was fit enough to start?

For all his undoubted ability, Gundogan is no Silva & went missing for huge parts of the game today. I've said all along that the 2 players who truly make us tick are Fernandinho & David Silva. One is 31 & the other 33.

Fuck knows how the hell we're gonna replace those two, because with Silva missing & Fernandinho having an average day, today we saw the result. It's been coming, but hopefully now we can press the reset button & kick on for the rest of the season.

The only winner today was Moureen. He's be having it with City, Chelsea & Arsenal, & we've all gained a point between us this weekend. Hopefully now, our doubting fans will realise why we need reinforcements.
David's 32nd birthday was 8 January. No raw pace to lose, but will always be quicker than others with the ball at his feet in tight situations.

Presumably because that was Pep being more pragmatic in a big game, knowing/hoping Gundogan would be a better defender than Bernardo is, and I'd agree with that assessment, but Gundogan didn't have a great game until the 83rd minute, and he made it far harder for Fernandhino, who was also below his best.
Gundogan has rarely been on it since he came back from injury, & today wasn't the day to put his pedestrian arse in the melting pot of Klanfield.

I still want someone to explain the sense of David Silva being on the bench, instead of being on the pitch...

Chicago Blue your post it spot on, the main thing is we lift it in the end, today we lost by poor defence errors, at some stage we loose and today was it, we move on and get back to winning ways

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.