Liverpool (A) Post Match Thread.

Seriously? You are going to pick THIS ONE GAME as the measure of his performances. If so, who starts instead of Aguero? Gundogan? Danilo? Stones? Ederson?!!!

It was a bad day at the office against one of the most aggressive, attacking teams in Europe. They got lucky with the no call on goal 2, goal 3 was defensive stupidity followed by a top corner worldie, and goal 4 was a mistake by Ederson followed by a cool finish. We played average at best.

It’s going to be a looooong season for you if that performance leaves you scrambling for immediate changes. We are going to play the same system next game and the one after that, and after that....If Pep didn’t change last season, what on earth would make him change this season?

More than one player was a step off the pace and had a poor first or last touch. Shit happens!

Oh, and we lost our first game of the season 4-3 away to a top team that is on their best run of the season and getting injured (well rested!) players back after playing 10 games in a month with the same 15 players. Call the police, that must be a crime! Sheesh!
Sterling has had a great season for us but at Klanfield he is rubbish. He has been phycologically tortured by the press for leaving Klanfiekd and he has done wonders to turn it around but at Klanfield he plays crap. 3 times now and he's been gash on all 3 occasions. I wouldn't even start him next time.
I'd love to know why but only Sterling can have an opinion on this. To beat it I think he needs to put the afterburners on and drive up the wing more frequently than he does but Pep doesn't like him doing that for some reason.

How amazing we have been this season doesn't justify today. The end result will be us celebrating hopefully but that doesn't make today ok. That's a big game we failed to turn up in.

Hold on. We bossed possession. Scored three goals. Had them bricking it. We turned up alright. Just had a few too many brain farts, they were on it and capitalised. Simple. We don't have 10 mental minutes we win.

It was a clear foul on stones he’s an idiot for not going down. Sadly, you don’t get decisions for staying on your feet. It’s right what they said about our defence all season, it’s an accident waiting to happen and if our midfield wasn’t so good they’d be cocking up every game.

With David on the pitch we're a better team - sets the tempo, tenacious, keeps the ball until he sees a pass..... usually through small gaps for Sane, Sterling, Sergio to run onto. Genius. Different game. Can't say we would have won, but things certainly different with him on the pitch.
I don't think midfield was the problem we had 64% possession 68% in the final 3rd... KDB put some great crosses in but we weren't seeing the normal movement up top, Aguero struggled to get in front of his man, Sterling and Sané didn't seem to get in the box to give KDB something to aim for either.

We weren't poor/diabolical/shite today, just a bit below par, against a good side, at their best.

We really have been spoiled.
Yes we have been spoiled and hopefully a lot more to come, but our involvement in their goals was appalling to say the least. It can't be dressed up any other way. F&!*ing terrible goals for a top team to give away.

David's 32nd birthday was 8 January. No raw pace to lose, but will always be quicker than others with the ball at his feet in tight situations.
David Silva is a truly special player who I wish we could clone.

I was watching a recent match with my son who was eulogising about KDB. I told him to watch carefully who regularly supplied the balls to KDB in dangerous positions where he can do damage.

The influence Silva has on our play cannot stressed enough. It comes as no surprise that we've been looking decidedly off colour, since his u fortunate personal problems surfaced...

I still want someone to explain the sense of David Silva being on the bench, instead of being on the pitch...
He's been ill, on top of the other issue with his child. I suspect he'd have been brought on at 2-1 to help us win the game, but we went from 2-1 to 4-1 quickly, and that point it probably looked pointless. Apparently he didn't come on on the pitch for the pre match warm up, so maybe he had a relapse of the illness ?

I don't think, given the current situation, that David's commitment needs questioning.

Hold on. We bossed possession. Scored three goals. Had them bricking it. We turned up alright. Just had a few too many brain farts, they were on it and capitalised. Simple. We don't have 10 mental minutes we win.

We turned up? We was off the pace from the off going a goal down early on whilst at one point being 4-1 down. Had them bricking it? We had one offside chance at 4-3. That performance is nowhere near the level we've consistently produced. Of course we won't every week but that doesn't mean we can't point out when we play poorly. The errors were Sunday league style.

It was a clear foul on stones he’s an idiot for not going down. Sadly, you don’t get decisions for staying on your feet. It’s right what they said about our defence all season, it’s an accident waiting to happen and if our midfield wasn’t so good they’d be cocking up every game.

haven't we got one of the best defensive records in the league ? yes we concede or make the odd mistake, but you are severely over exaggerating how bad we apparently are.

with the way we pass out of the back we are bound to make errors at times. that just the type of football we play.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.